Is this a decent winch. Smittybilt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a winch for my 100. I figure it weighs max 6000# so 1.5 times is 9K, so this 9.5K should work and the price is decent. Haven’t really shopped it yet, this is just an Amazon link.
I realize winch opinions are very personal. I will not use a winch often as I cruise more streets and malls than rocks so I don’t want to spend a lot of money. I know it’s easy to bracket creap up in cost. Warn has a Chinese variant, the VR EVO 10, but its $735 vs this at $580. Let me know if anyone has experience with this Gen 3. TIA

Smittybilt 98695 XRC 9.5K GEN3 Winch COMP Series
by 4Wheel Drive Hardware
Learn more: Amazon product ASIN B07B3M8JF7

Chinese-made; you'll get opinions all over the place. :meh:

Yes I realize that. All the affordable (aka "cheap") winches are made overseas. That's a given. As i mentioned, I know everyone will have their opinions. I just was asking if anyone has used it and had any experience with this one. Thanks

I run smittybuilt on multiple trucks with great success. Pricepoint they are a good choice. Used quite often. Have 9k on 40 and 10k on 2 hundred series

I run smittybuilt on multiple trucks with great success. Pricepoint they are a good choice. Used quite often. Have 9k on 40 and 10k on 2 hundred series
Thanks. I just bought the new Gen3 12K with synthetic rope. Hard to beat the price. Gets good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom