Is there a GPS or online map that has an overlay of USGS topo maps with sections and sat images? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a GPS or online map that has an overlay of USGS topo maps with sections and sat images?

The USPS sections do not have parallel linear lines, some times they are on angles for sections.

I want to go find the GPS coordinates of a sectional corner on a topo map.

Last edited:
Try Avenza or Gaia gps. They have both usgs topos and satellite. Avenza uses georeferenced usgs maps and satellite directly while gaiagps creates topos by stitching usgs maps and satellite images.

However the satellite maps often have to be purchased on Avenza but they appear very current.

This is an example;

In the picture you see the "section numbers" "30" and "29" I'm looking for the gps coordinates of NE corner of section 30 and NW corner section 29.

I could get a micrometer and and do some old school math, but I I'm looking for an overlay that has these sections on it.

example-sections.jpg

This is an example;

In the picture you see the "section numbers" "30" and "29" I'm looking for the gps coordinates of NE corner of section 30 and NW corner section 29.

I could get a micrometer and and do some old school math, but I I'm looking for an overlay that has these sections on it.

View attachment 2208352
What's the name of the USGS map. I have an avenza account....I can check if they have the map. I can also check on Gaia GPS.
I'm assuming you can't check yourself.

Big Bear City, California

Actually it's the Barstow SE quadrangle. I found it on Avenza map. Here you go,
The coordinate you want is at the very bottom of the image. It's the coordinate of the cross hair/ target on the map
If you enter that on Google Maps as 34.76202, -117.11723, you get the aerial photo: 34°45'43.3"N 117°07'02.0"W

Screenshot_20200211-151123.png

Thanks !!! .. Got it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom