Is there a bleeding valve on LX 570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about flushing the coolant on my 2014 LX 570. Is there a bleeding valve on this vehicle? Is it recommended to flush and bleed when changing coolant? I don't think this vehicle's coolant has ever been changed. It's now over 174K miles. The carfax sheet said coolant checked at 90K miles...not sure if that means flushed/changed or just simply checked if it's low or not.

I am unfamiliar with the concept of a bleed, but toyota does have two block drains along with the one on the radiator.

Personally I wouldn't "flush" coolant, just drain what's in there and fill with fresh stuff from toyota. The rear heat lines are difficult to get all of the fluid out, so anything you put in to dilute or flush the system will remain in there, at least to some extent. Draining and filling will replace the majority of the fluid and this should get you to the next coolant drain/fill just fine.

Nope, no coolant bleed valve. The system self-bleeds continuously. Be patient when refilling and keep adding coolant directly to the radiator (not the expansion tank) while massaging the radiator hoses. It takes a while if the thermostat is closed. Otherwise you could end up with a pretty significant air bubble that may cause the truck to overheat.

Nope, no coolant bleed valve. The system self-bleeds continuously. Be patient when refilling and keep adding coolant directly to the radiator (not the expansion tank) while massaging the radiator hoses. It takes a while if the thermostat is closed. Otherwise you could end up with a pretty significant air bubble that may cause the truck to overheat.

And don’t be surprised if you have to add coolant after a couple of drives 👆🏻

Not sure if GX is the same as LX but I was watching this guy did a coolant change on his GX and he didn't bother with flush or bleed. However, I was watching the Car Care Nut and when he change the coolant on the V6 2GR-FE 3.5L, there is a bleeding valve. That is why I was curious about the LX 570.

Thank you, guys for all the help. I'll keep those suggestions in mind when changing my coolant.

According to my shop manual, there are cylinder block drain cock plugs on each side of the engine. They don't function as a traditional bleeder; however, they are used for draining of all the coolant for a flushing application. I hope this helps or clears up anything.

According to my shop manual, there are cylinder block drain cock plugs on each side of the engine. They don't function as a traditional bleeder; however, they are used for draining of all the coolant for a flushing application. I hope this helps or clears up anything.
Thank you for the additional information, much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom