Is it okay to reuse the front diff plug crush washers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on replacing the oil in the front diff. I've replaced it 2 years ago, and at that time I've installed brand new washers.
I'm not this cheap, it's just it's not available in this 3rd world country I'm living in anymore, and would be $50 to ship it from a normal country.

Can I get away with it? Will it leak? Will the bolt come loose and will all the fluid drain out and explode my front diff (which already has a whine ofcourse..)?

Cheers!

1674585583812.png

I've heard of people reusing them. You would need to check it afterwards and see if there are any leaks.

Even though those may be expensive to have delivered it's a lot cheaper than losing your diff oil and suffering a catastrophic failure.

I've heard of people reusing them. You would need to check it afterwards and see if there are any leaks.

Even though those may be expensive to have delivered it's a lot cheaper than losing your diff oil and suffering a catastrophic failure.
That’s a good point, thanks!

I've been using the Aluminum washers used in the transfer on my rear diff fill and drain bolts: so far so good.

It's not ideal but you can probably reuse it. You can also see if you can find a regular almn. or copper crush washer that is the same size to use in place of the Toyota ones. Worst case with reusing is it will have a very small leak but the plug itself won't fall out as long as you torque it to spec.

I’ve reused them many times w/o issue.

Mine has copper washers. I always reuse copper washers, just anneal them when they are off and they will seal perfectly every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom