Iron Man Suspension first impression (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are these in addition to the caster plates that come with the kit??
No, you do not need the caster plates or the caster bushings. You use the OEM bushings and the drop brackets only. I know some people recommend the Slee radius arms but those are $$$

Are these in addition to the caster plates that come with the kit??

Those drop brackets lower the rear radius arm mount to keep the caster within OEM spec. Man-a-Fre used to sell them. I’m not aware of any current suppliers. Nor do I recall them being offered to correct 4” of lift. Could be wrong there. Wouldn’t be that hard to duplicate. The advantage with those is pinion angle and caster remain OEM. But most didn’t like them hanging down so low and getting caught up in the rocks when crawling.

I have 4.5 inch lift, with the brackets from Man-A Fre for the type of off roading I do, never had issues getting those caught up. If you are planning really hard core 4 wheeling then those are not good. before I had the caster correction bushings and honestly, those are garbage. They only lasted less than a year. Thats when I went back to the OEM bushings in combination with the drop brackets. Almost 9 years later, I haven't messed with those. BTW, those drop brackets are really beefy

I have 4.5 inch lift, with the brackets from Man-A Fre for the type of off roading I do, never had issues getting those caught up. If you are planning really hard core 4 wheeling then those are not good. before I had the caster correction bushings and honestly, those are garbage. They only lasted less than a year. Thats when I went back to the OEM bushings in combination with the drop brackets. Almost 9 years later, I haven't messed with those. BTW, those drop brackets are really beefy
Thanks! I hope ti find them

I have the 4” lift on 1992 and I added metal tech 30mm pucks in the front to get the rake out. I have a Slee bumper, 9.5 Warn (poly rope) and dual batteries. The front even feels a bit doggy, like you know the weight is there. I called Ironman and asked about a front heavy spring and they dont make them. They suggested pucks. It came across as odd to me that so many other companies sell a heavy front but Ironman does not. Otherwise like everyone has said, its a flex monster for what it is. This photo is of the truck the suspension was originally on that became the donor truck. It is a vast improvement over the 2” OME that was on there before.

Am I the only one that finds it odd they dont offer a heavy front for the 80’s? That alone has me thinking about using a Dobinsons heavy fronts to get rid of the pucks.

140AC394-7BE2-4DBE-BE14-3696A92F36BD.jpeg

A73CA647-1520-4AE5-B331-B3BF7A906039.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom