Iron Man Bumper Finally installed by me (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok terrible pic but, i will do a better one later.
the only issue i had was other than the instructions sucking , was 1 nut and bolt were missing for the side frame bolts and none of the top and bottom frame bolts fit , they were all to big . so i will have to buy those somewhere .
i also had a huge problem installing the bottom plate and could have roached it during the install . i emailed IPOR to get advice . maybe i will hit up ironman next

newfrontbumper_zps8369355e.jpg

its not that heavy , but its heavier than the stock one and because of that i can feel the suspension is a little softer now . dont know if i like that part yet.

newbumper2_zps3feae7b3.jpg

Are you sure that your bumper is as high as it can go? The gap between the bumper and body looks like mine did before I adjusted it up and back further. I really had to muscle it into position to get it to fill those gaps. Mine is close enough now that I had to remove the little fender flare stoppers and have just a little gap between my flares and the side of the bumper (to account for body movement).

I didn't have any missing or wrong sized bolts in my kit either so I can't help there.
The bottom plate is really kind of cheap and bent on mine when bolting it up as it looks like yours is too.
Take a side shot of the gap between the bumper and flare if you get a chance.

Posted late your bumper can come way up closer to the body to fill those gaps.
Try to adjust it some more. I will take some pictures of mine tomorrow and post them so you can see the difference.

i would appreciate that , my friend and i were yanking the crap out of it to move but thats as far as we got and keeping it even looking .
i would love to get it closer.

Posted late your bumper can come way up closer to the body to fill those gaps.
Try to adjust it some more. I will take some pictures of mine tomorrow and post them so you can see the difference.

Yeah it's a real pain to do especially by yourself like I did. lol
I'll get you the pictures ASAP.

Now mine is the one without lights but I don't think that matters as they look the same.

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago. Not the best with the snow covering it but you can see how close it is on mine.

174.jpg

Never mind it's not large enough to see on here. I'll get better ones tomorrow.

Nice bumper. :clap:

Maybe the gap is due to a body lift? I put a 1" body lift on my truck with the plans to have small fab shob build custom bumpers. Plans did not work out and I do not yet have bumpers. I am trying to decide which comercially available bumper to go with. If the Iron Man has that much gap without a body lift it does not look like an option. Would love a Slee short bus but it already has a large gap to the body.

no body lift .

Maybe the gap is due to a body lift? I put a 1" body lift on my truck with the plans to have small fab shob build custom bumpers. Plans did not work out and I do not yet have bumpers. I am trying to decide which comercially available bumper to go with. If the Iron Man has that much gap without a body lift it does not look like an option. Would love a Slee short bus but it already has a large gap to the body.

The instructions do suck but I wasn't missing any bolts and they all fit. The problem is they dont tell you what bolts to use where.

...via IH8MUD app

when I first mounted mine I had a gap but then I messed with it some more to get it all of the way up to the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the flares.

ForumRunner_20140311_092153.jpg

ForumRunner_20140311_092319.jpg

ForumRunner_20140311_092431.jpg

You can see the gap in the first two pics and then I had moved it up in the third. If you plan on wheeling it hard you may want to leave it lower. Someone on here says they saw one flex and pop the flares. It may have not been mounted right with the last four bolts that need to be drilled out.

Slee's ShortBus bumper leaves huge gaps. That may be to allow for some flex without hitting the body

sbb_4_450.jpg

sbb_6_450.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom