introductions...for women only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
let's keep this to the women only. so men, please don't respond. just a quick note to find out who the women are, what you drive, where you live, fun quick introductions. please keep the chit chat to a minimum, we can always pm or have a thread in chat for that.

i'll start, i'm ige. i live in denver and have been wheeling since 1986. got my first cruiser in 1989 and it's been downhill since. my current cruiser inventory is a 1965 fj45, 1965 v8j40, 1968 v8j40, 1971 v8j55, 1975 fj55, 1983 fj60 and a 1987 toyota 4x4 pickup.

in the past i've had 71, 73, 74, 76, 78, 77 fj40s; 73, 69fj55; 63, 65 fj45s. been a member of tlca since 1991 or so, and dang proud of it. was a founding member of windy city land cruisers (have the tattoo to prove it), and am now the vice commander of rising sun 4wd club and the vp of the central district for the co state association of 4wd clubs.

whew....ok, who else is here?

p.s. my dad couldn't change a headlight if his life depended on it. everything i've learned, i've learned from friends, so don't think you should be afraid to ask anything 'cause i've been where some of you are.

Last edited:
I'll go next...

I'm Heather and I live outside Atlanta, Georgia. I have been "around" the Land Cruiser habit for about 6 years, but just got my own in the last year. My brother actually is to blame for getting me hooked. He's been through a FJ60, FJ40, FJ55, 2- 80 series (one of which now belongs to another woman on the forum), and just bought a 100 series this week.

I drive a FJ Cruiser as my DD and have a 1973 FJ55 in the carport undergong some changes and restoration. I wheel my FJ Cruiser and love it. I try to get out as much as I can, but that only translates to maybe once a month.

I am a member of both the Upstate Cruisers and the Georgia Cruisers, as well as TLCA and Southern 4-wheel Drive Association.

K, done....next?

Cool! :cool:

Korina here, repping the Valley of the Sun. I drive a 1989 FJ62 (in case you didn't know, from my username :D). I've had it for about 3 years now, and it's my DD. I've basically done nothing to it but get it up to date on all its maintenance type stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to move onto mods soon.

Hi!
I'm Dana from Oklahoma.
Last month I bought a 2001 Cruiser for our family hauler, since my twins (14) have outgrown the '88 4Runner. There was no question I'd be getting another Toyota! I could not part with the 4Runner and we are planning a trip into the Maze (Canyonlands) in a year or two, taking both trucks (and a couple of extra drivers for the long drive out).
I do all my own maintenance and repairs because it is WAY more interesting than laundry and housekeeping.:beer:

nice Ige:cheers:

I'm Sarah, I live in Golden, CO. I've had my 60 for 3 years now and no matter how often my friends poke fun when I tell them I can't come play because I have to wrench on my truck, or lauch because right now it taked 30 tries to start when it's cold, I can't part with it. I tell them I will get rid of it when it rusts off the frame, but I'm lying because I think that maybe I will learn to weld instead and fix that too.... One of these days I am going to get off my butt (and stop being a scared intimidated little girl) and go check out Rising Sun.

One of these days I am going to get off my butt (and stop being a scared intimidated little girl) and go check out Rising Sun.

come on down. i'm at every meeting, occasionally, we'll get a romer daughter or kim brown to show, our treasurer is mary, so there's not as much of a shortage of women as many clubs.:cheers:

post up your issues with your rig and we'll see if we can figure out why it's so hard to start.

Hey girls, I'm Kate from NJ. I grew up in the garage but I got into wheeling and wrenching when I was 16 thanks to my awesome bro and dad....I got into FJ-40's after I gave my cherokee to the jeep gods (junkyard)...I know it was a jeep and all but at least it got me started....I have a '73 fj-40, and two '78s...all projects right now but I'll have the one '78 done soon...I'm really rough on my wheelers so I'm not messin around this time...chevy V8, full hydro steering, SOA, flipping springs for longer wb, full cage, advanced adapters reduction box, chromoly axle shafts, run off of propane and 42" swampers. Nice to meet you all!!

Last edited:
Yea, thanks for hooking us up! :grinpimp:

I'm Carol (username is old motorcycle handle), have had my dobermobile for 6 or 7 years. It's my utility rig, hauling dogs, firewood, trash, gravel, and co-workers when there's a ton of snow. Live in the mountains outside of Albuquerque, lurk on the High Desert Cruisers (work w/the prez).

I LOVE this website, have learned SO much. Next up for my rig is some lift.

Okay, I will join the ranks. I am Marde and I live in Gilmer, Texas. I am a member of TLCA, Lone Star Land Cruisers, and The White Trash of Elwood. My DD is a '94 FZJ80 with 220,000 miles on the ticker. My husband (Quazii) drives a pristine '88 FJ62 with 360,000 miles, and still on the original engine. We also have a pumpkin orange 1970 FJ40 with a 2f transplanted from an 81 FJ60. I don't have a clue on mileage, but I do know she is a looker. Chris rebuilt it, with a little help from me and the kiddos

We do all the work on our rigs, and it usually is a family activity. I am the proud mom of two cruiser chicks (seven and eight years old) and one very active three year old cruiser dude!!!

I am excited about this forum!!!

hello from nyc

Hi, I'm Karen...I moved a year or so ago from Western MA to NYC. I have an 83BJ60 that I was a little tentative about driving in and out of the city, but she's got a hell of a front bumper that all the pretty little fast cars stay clear of! I used to drive old VW busses, and would have to pull and rebuild the engines on a regular basis, so I have some skills, but this big ol' diesel can be a bit intimidating. Like cruzrgal I want to learn to weld now that I've got body work to do on a regular basis, and I haven't quite found a diesel mechanic to work on the beast. Despite all rational friends...led by my dad...telling me to sell it and get something more practical I sure do love driving it! I too have learned so much from ih8mud, I probably would have found it a home by now if I didn't have all the info and support here...good to hear of so many women out there and keep writing!

Hi

My name is Candace. I have an 07' FJ Cruiser Special Edition. I've loved off roading as long as I can remember, but didn't have my FJ till about 6 months ago. I just always went with friends in their trucks!
My FJ is pride and joy! I take it out every weekend.
Unfortunately I don't know any girls that are into it and most guys I know, are guys, and think that they know everything and I don't...:rolleyes:
I'm trying to find a group (with girls) that I can go on runs with, cause going alone just isn't as much fun! View attachment 147381

View attachment 147382

Last edited:
Hello

My name is Sarah and I am a Romer girl. I am asuuming that most of you have heard of my daddy, Romer......my sister is DOR. We make up the Romer caravan.

I am 16 and just got my 1996 LX 450 in September. I love my armor because it lets all of the stupid boys at school know who they would be messing with. I have been four-wheeling for a few years and have driven MOAB twice, and there is nothing better to me than MOAB.:D

I live in Denver, since we are saying where we are from.

Hey ladies, I'm Rachel I also live in Denver, i drive a '99 silver limited 4runner that I love more then anything! Its lifted, front and rear bumpers, sliders, and has the drawers in the back.

Very cool thread, Ige i know your the moderator, did you come up with the idea too? well in any case its great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ige i know your the moderator, did you come up with the idea too? well in any case its great!

not my idea. credit there goes to k9crazy. but it's kickass to see so many women on the board.

Hi, I am Susan & from Central Cali..... Right now am rigless due to the fact I rolled mine last year & it's unbuildable... Anyways, we (husb/Dhondagod & I) are in the process of collecting parts for my buggy.... Below is a current list of its specs or the pieces we have for it so far... But until it is done then I will drive the Husb's 75 FJ40 thats slightly modified.... Also have a 70 FJ40 that we are giving to our oldest for Graduation but she doesnt know it yet... I grew up wheeling in the Sierra Nevadas & walking around garages & shops so I am familiar w/the sights & smells....

**1 set of custom built axles (Moser nodular 9" centers, big bearing pinions, 60" WMS to WMS, 4:38 gears, Billet yokes, Detroit lockers front and rear, 35-spline Moser inner and outer axles front and rear, Kingpin C's-not ball joint, Tussed housings, 1/2" thick axle tubes, Disc brakes front and rear, Dana 70 spindles and hubs on the rear axle, big bearing hubs, Warn locking hubs, B-built high steer arms
**LT1
**TH350
**40" Iroks
**Narrowed Fiberglass Cruiser Hood & Bezel (from Twisted Customs)
**Shocks from Metal Tech (will order the coils towards the end of the
build)
****Waiting for a Stak & Walker Evan Beadlocks

Once the Stak is ordered then the build begins.... It will have 4 seats & about 108" wheel base.... Build should begin late this summer...

Was real glad to hear of a Girls Only section for a change.... & Ige, we met at Surf N Turf last November... We were camped w/the White Trash club...

Currently members of White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TLCA, 4X4HIM.Com, 4Wheel Drive Club of Fresno & California Assoc of 4Wheel DriveClubs...

Wow...I had no idea there were so many of us out there - nice to know.

My name is Rowan, I live hmm, well, I move around alot - I am in California right now, but am heading to Michigan for the summer in a few days. I imported my HJ60 (and a BJ60 for my brother) last summer, had the engine rebuilt and have been loving every minute of it since. Its been quite an ongoing project, but I'm hoping by the end of the summer I can find a body and frame for it from a gas 60 (its from the rust belt) and swap in my drivetrain. Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Joyce :)

I live in Los Angeles. I have a turbocharged 5vz 4Runner. I'm not much of a wrencher, but at least I can identify some tools :D.

I'm Camillia...Got my cruiser in Santa Cruz 3 years ago and haven't been the same since. My savings all seem to end up in my cruiser, but it's alright with me. I've been all over the western United States in my cruiser and there hasn't been a time I've wanted to part with it. When my friends make fun of my gas mileage, my reply is that I can live in my car and it takes care of rent!! Recently swapped out the clutch, transmission and transfer case and it's like a brand new rig. Right now I'm just trying to get it to pass smog...gotta love California.
Good to know that there are so many cruiser chics out there!!!

Hey Ladies,
Thanks for developing this section, I didn't realize this thread was out there.

I'm Amanda from Readfield WI, or about 20miles from west of Appleton/Fox Valley. Chris, 9erscruiser, and I are good friends of Woody's, and have wheeled many times with him. As far as cruisers, we have a 71 FJ40 and are in the market for a New FJ. We were able to wheel a FJ with Woody and the FJ Trail team in Hannibal MO at the end of April and fell in love. But then again Who, could resist. :) As far as wrenching, I am definitely not afraid of gettin' dirty! I may not know exactly how to fix it but I will give'r a go if told how. ;)

Great to here from you all out there.

Amanda Cottrell
Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association (W4WDA) Newsletter Editor
United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA) Administrative Officer
800-44-UFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom