Introduce yourself! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

howdy ya'll, just moved to NW Arkansas(Bentonville area from Durango co. Hoping to meet and go wheelin with some folks, learn the trails. Trails seems hard to find out here unless its a park. Maybe i'm just spoiled with all the public land in Colorado. Bought my 80 couple years ago, it was sitting for three years, gave it a little TLC and she's running great.

20190825_112935.jpg

Hi, my name is Jason. I just moved back to little rock with my family after living in Africa for 3 years. I have an 06 LC and I just joined the club. I can't wait to get out and see some of the trails in AR. We are super excited to go explore the Ozarks as well. I look forward to see you all on the trail. Here are some pictures from our last trip through South Africa and Mozambique.
IMG_6187.jpeg
IMG_6187.jpeg
IMG_6756.jpeg
IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6772.jpeg

Welcome back!

Hello all. Had my first LC for just a couple of weeks now. Snagged a 1-owner ‘05 at a sketchy buy here pay here lot in Russellville.

Still figuring things out and taking care of deferred maintenance, but excited to learn more and figure out how to do things myself.

View attachment 2802273
Welcome! Nice looking Cruiser.

Hey All,

K don't have a cruiser yet, but I hope to have a diesel cruiser coming from Spain soon. My cousin is in Spain and supposedly has a lead on a nice one with a 3B engine. No other details yet but if I wind up with one I'll try and post a pic. Is the Arkansas club active? When and where do you meet?

Thanks!

Hello All,

New to the club and new to the Land Cruiser Family. Long time 4Runner enthusiast/owner and have been searching for a Cruiser for quite a few years ! Finally !

'97 FJZ80
'89 4Runner SR5 4X4
'85 4Runner DLX 4X4

Jeff in Fayetteville....yup, those are my 4Runners always parked next to the park- no garage or room in the small driveway...

Welcome to the club! Take a few moments to introduce yourself (either by replying to this thread, or start your own). Tell us about your Toyota, and post a picture of it if you'd like. :)

Some of us know each other really well, and some of us are brand new. Hopefully we'll all know each other better soon.

37183676-B9AF-44C1-995A-C730C6FF46F2.jpeg

2184B980-7412-4D93-9A19-40BA9720846B.jpeg

9BA40F90-FD38-43EF-BF83-514BAB1270DF.jpeg

0F6146EC-53FE-44FE-A818-C5D978C15BDE.jpeg

I'm up in St. Louis, but spend a lot of time in NW AR. I'm going to be down at Hot Springs the week before Easter and Id really appreciate some suggestions on places to eat and things to do. Planning to camp in the park.

howdy ya'll, just moved to NW Arkansas(Bentonville area from Durango co. Hoping to meet and go wheelin with some folks, learn the trails. Trails seems hard to find out here unless its a park. Maybe i'm just spoiled with all the public land in Colorado. Bought my 80 couple years ago, it was sitting for three years, gave it a little TLC and she's running great.

View attachment 2242280
Welcome.. Just head south and hit the Ozark National Forest, The Buffalo River Area, and then the Ouachitas are further south.

1649161736771.png

Richland Creek Falling Water Falls area.

1649161863881.png

Tight narrow trails.

1649161946426.png

Day 3 of the 5 day Ozark Overland Adventure Trail system.

1649162094979.png

Then we had Cruisers in the Ozarks that was 5 weekends spread over September, October, and November. It wasn't one big event -- but multiple weekends with a variety of technical and scnic levels.

1649163105924.png

Last edited:
Welcome.. Just head south and hit the Ozark National Forest, The Buffalo River Area, and then the Ouachitas are further south.

View attachment 2973032

Richland Creek Falling Water Falls area.

View attachment 2973034

Tight narrow trails.

View attachment 2973035

Day 3 of the 5 day Ozark Overland Adventure Trail system.

View attachment 2973036

Then we had Cruisers in the Ozarks that was 5 weekends spread over September, October, and November. It wasn't one big event -- but multiple weekends with a variety of technical and scnic levels.

View attachment 2973056

I really need to introduce myself better. I'm a 75 year old ex-everything; ex USMC naval aviator, ex foreign service officer, ex prosecuting attorney and ex lawyer.

I went fishing on the White with Steve Oliver just about every year since 87, if any of you knew Steve (RIP).

I used to club race but due to life stuff happening and retirement, I stopped going fast and started going bouncy last year. Got a 100 Series Cruiser from a really nice nurse in NC and I've tweaked it from stock to its current condition.

Now I'm scratching stuff off my bucket list.

I really need to introduce myself better. I'm a 75 year old ex-everything; ex USMC naval aviator, ex foreign service officer, ex prosecuting attorney and ex lawyer.

I went fishing on the White with Steve Oliver just about every year since 87, if any of you knew Steve (RIP).

I used to club race but due to life stuff happening and retirement, I stopped going fast and started going bouncy last year. Got a 100 Series Cruiser from a really nice nurse in NC and I've tweaked it from stock to its current condition.

Now I'm scratching stuff off my bucket list.
Welcome!

View attachment 2242280

Here's a video about the Ozark Overland Adventure Trails to give an idea. These are all public trails as indicated on the MVUM.

Hello, razorback folks.

I have done a few parts of the Ozark overland adventure trail, including driving across the buffalo at woolum. 20 years ago I did a good amount of exploring in the Mark Twain. The burning desire to use 4x4 more frequently has been quite strong over the last few years. I have a couple of good build candidates in the garage.

First things first though, I need to upgrade a daily driver/tow vehicle. I pull a camper a lot and am pretty involved with a razorback camping club. I am looking for a well cared for, higher mileage 200 series. TeCKis300 has shown me the merrits of the LX and that fits the budget a bit better anyways. If any of you have a lead on a 200, I would greatly appreciate a heads up.

Hey all! Coming over from a tour in Japan, so I had to bring back an HDJ81 diesel 80 series!

IMG_0108.jpeg

I'll be looking to do my bottom end bearings (BEBs) soon, so if you know a shop I can work with, let me know. I'm not sure I want to tackle this job on my own yet.
Looking forward to taking it out on the trails with you guys!

Hey all! Coming over from a tour in Japan, so I had to bring back an HDJ81 diesel 80 series!

View attachment 3041297

I'll be looking to do my bottom end bearings (BEBs) soon, so if you know a shop I can work with, let me know. I'm not sure I want to tackle this job on my own yet.
Looking forward to taking it out on the trails with you guys!
Welcome. I do believe MUD Connection | Lift Kits | Little Rock, AR - https://www.mudconnectionlr.com/

has a diesel 80 series like yours as a house cruiser. I get a lot of work done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom