Introduce yourself! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Arkansas club members. I met a few of you at the TAC SMORR event in 2013. You all were super welcoming. Then I realized I was supposed to be meeting TAC members too and went back and forth. I still have a photo of the awesome cedar log/orange tie-down repair job done on the rear of the tricked out FJ40 that broke a strut. There is an overland trip in northern Arkansas same days as the ramble. Wondering about the HSORPark. Heard it's awesome. I've got an anniversary FZJ80. Now with 315's.

Welcome!

Bring that 80 down. It would love the rocks in Hot Springs!

Welcome!

Bring that 80 down. It would love the rocks in Hot Springs!

Thanks. The fiancé and I cancelled the overland trip for various reasons. She loves to wheel harder stuff so we might just make an appearance. And I've been wanting to do the Ramble for three years now. We are kid free this weekend. So who knows... and like I said it would be my pleasure to see those I've met and meet more AR members! DLP

Hey folks. My name is Ken and I live near Fayetteville. Just got my '92 a couple of days ago. Looking forward to fixing it up and getting out in the woods. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Welcome Ken. Glad you found us. How about posting up a couple Picts of your ride and maybe what you are gonna do with it.

I'm not set up on any photo hosting services yet, so no pictures. However, here's a description:

It'a 1992 model with 195,000 miles on it. The color is a champagne metallic, but the paint is not in good shape. The interior is cloth and it has a sunroof. The wheels are stock. In fact, the whole thing appears to be completely stock.

The truck suffers from general neglect, but looks to be sound. Inspecting underneath shows no evidence of off road abuse. My first priority will be to get it running well and reliable.

Just had the windshield replaced. Next on the list is to replace the upper end of the exhaust system. The catalytic converters are clogged up. The truck falls on its face on any uphill stretch of road. I would like to just remove them, but I doubt if the muffler shop would go for that. At the same time, I will replace both O2 sensors. After that, I will give it a general tune-up and replace all lubricants.

Any mods will be pretty mild. I don't plan to lift it, but when it's time to replace the tires I am considering a set of steelies and maybe go up a size on the tires. That will be contingent on how much power it has after the repairs listed above.

I will have to do something with the paint. I've got some color chips on the way from Monstaliner. Was also considering wrapping it, but I'm told that applying the film takes some expertise.

The final result I am looking for is something reliable to camp in and cruise the woods and desert. The desert is two days from here, so it will need to also be decent on the highway. I will just have to live with the gas mileage.

Mullett.jpg

Hey I'm Bodean just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to you boys! LOL

Welcome to the club! Take a few moments to introduce yourself (either by replying to this thread, or start your own). Tell us about your Toyota, and post a picture of it if you'd like. :)

Some of us know each other really well, and some of us are brand new. Hopefully we'll all know each other better soon.

Well hello, fellow FJ enthusiasts and anyone else who just likes to go places where there is limited concrete. I am the proud owner/ caretaker of a 1985 FJ60 named Elinore. She brings me equal parts joy, frustration, relaxation and stress. She is fairly stock, considering she spent over 15 years in the panama region. That is where the PO lived. Her and I moved to LR area last year from Houston. I look forward to getting more involved with the club.

20161121_160301.jpg

Well hello, fellow FJ enthusiasts and anyone else who just likes to go places where there is limited concrete. I am the proud owner/ caretaker of a 1985 FJ60 named Elinore. She brings me equal parts joy, frustration, relaxation and stress. She is fairly stock, considering she spent over 15 years in the panama region. That is where the PO lived. Her and I moved to LR area last year from Houston. I look forward to getting more involved with the club.

View attachment 1355331

Sweet! Welcome!

View attachment 1355331

Welcome to the Little Rock area! I like the red FJ60's.

View attachment 1355331

nice truck J

Hi my name is Josh. Moved to Little Rock from California a few months ago. My wife is originally from Conway and she decided it was time to come home. Have a pretty stout 1997 FZJ80 that I built up over the course of a few years out there, including: OME 2.5" lift (with 25mm trim packers, gets me closer to 3"), 315 BFG KO2's, ARB front w/ Warn M15000, Metal Tech Sliders, 4x4 Labs rear w/ dual swingout, Slee T-Case Skid Plate, Front and Rear ARB Lockers and a 4.88 regear. Just turned 180K on the odo. Truck was built to run trails in the Sierras, glad we got some in before the move!

I met a gentleman from this site named Jason several weeks ago who has a 100 series and we chatted a bit. Super nice guy, thanks for stopping me to say hello! Tried to attach a few pics from the Rubicon in 2015, but keep getting error messages. Any thoughts? Hope to meet some more of you all in the near future.

Josh

Last edited:
Hi my name is Josh. Moved to Little Rock from California a few months ago. My wife is originally from Conway and she decided it was time to come home. Have a pretty stout 1997 FZJ80 that I built up over the course of a few years out there, including: OME 2.5" lift (with 25mm trim packers, gets me closer to 3"), 315 BFG KO2's, ARB front w/ Warn M15000, Metal Tech Sliders, 4x4 Labs rear w/ dual swingout, Slee T-Case Skid Plate and Front and Rear ARB Lockers. Just turned 180K on the odo. Truck was built to run trails in the Sierras, glad we got some in before the move!

I met a gentleman from this site named Jason several weeks ago who has a 100 series and we chatted a bit. Super nice guy, thanks for stopping me to say hello! Tried to attach a few pics from the Rubicon in 2015, but keep getting error messages. Any thoughts? Hope to meet some more of you all in the near future.

Josh

Welcome!

Sounds like a really nice rig. Be ready to bring it to the Ramble in June.

Hi my name is Josh. Moved to Little Rock from California a few months ago. My wife is originally from Conway and she decided it was time to come home. Have a pretty stout 1997 FZJ80 that I built up over the course of a few years out there, including: OME 2.5" lift (with 25mm trim packers, gets me closer to 3"), 315 BFG KO2's, ARB front w/ Warn M15000, Metal Tech Sliders, 4x4 Labs rear w/ dual swingout, Slee T-Case Skid Plate, Front and Rear ARB Lockers and a 4.88 regear. Just turned 180K on the odo. Truck was built to run trails in the Sierras, glad we got some in before the move!

Josh

Welcome to Arkansas, and thanks for joining the club. Your truck sounds well suited for the trails and rocks around here. :)

Josh

Hey Josh

Good to see you on the forums. It was nice chatting with you a few weeks back. Hopefully we can find time to grab a beer sometime soon and maybe you can make it to our next club meeting this month so you can meet some of the other guys.

Hey Josh

Good to see you on the forums. It was nice chatting with you a few weeks back. Hopefully we can find time to grab a beer sometime soon and maybe you can make it to our next club meeting this month so you can meet some of the other guys.

Definitely. Been pretty crazy through the Holiday's for us and settling in, etc...but I'm gonna try to make it to meeting on the 18th. Thanks for the note.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom