Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome @Onur ! I grew up just down the road in Kingston, NY. Moving away from NY is a good move! Welcome back to the southwest.

Hello All:

My name is Onur Azeri and I’ll be moving to AZ in mid-October.

Looking forward to meeting the Copper State crew.

:cheers:
Onur
Wow, awesome! I used to buy parts from you when I lived in Georgia and South Carolina. Now living in Vail area AZ. Looking forward to connecting face to face sometime.
john

Hello All:

My name is Onur Azeri and I’ll be moving to AZ in mid-October.

Looking forward to meeting the Copper State crew.

:cheers:
Onur

Hosgeldin! Patagonia is beautiful and the border country offers some of the finest Land Cruising around. Great to have you part of the crew.

Hey guys, I've been in the valley for about 6 years now and have been driving Subarus mostly, but just picked up my first Land Cruiser, an 03 100 series. Here's a pic from it's maiden voyage up the PCH last week. Can't wait to find a way to be more active in the community!

just c'mon out to a meeting to see what we're all about.

Hosgeldin! Patagonia is beautiful and the border country offers some of the finest Land Cruising around. Great to have you part of the crew.

It’s now very real….

:)

04F1F77C-3FF7-4FFA-8368-054D73D2C094.jpeg

Try to address any major maintenance issues. Just knocked out the first oil change and got a new/used spare tire mounted to a matching wheel as the included spare was toast and mounted to an original 1992 wheel. Rebuild/replace power steering pump, rebuild both front knuckles. Valve adjust and valve cover gasket replacement. Finish the de-smogging job. Acquire four more original wheels before I wear out this set of tires. Redo suspension bushings as well as a stock height lift? Maybe redo the window tinting, it is Arizona after all. Drive it and enjoy it! Any other suggestions?

Try to address any major maintenance issues. Just knocked out the first oil change and got a new/used spare tire mounted to a matching wheel as the included spare was toast and mounted to an original 1992 wheel. Rebuild/replace power steering pump, rebuild both front knuckles. Valve adjust and valve cover gasket replacement. Finish the de-smogging job. Acquire four more original wheels before I wear out this set of tires. Redo suspension bushings as well as a stock height lift? Maybe redo the window tinting, it is Arizona after all. Drive it and enjoy it! Any other suggestions?
That’s a good list. Way to pay attention to bushings. I’d do all the fluids, plugs, wires, distributor, but only if they need it. There’s a 3FE baseline sheet somewhere on this forum that @jonheld published; it’s excellent. I’ll find it soon.

The 91-92 / 3FE is shockingly impervious to neglect, but it’s also a 30 year old truck. Things made of rubber wear out—belts, hoses, gaskets—if they haven’t seen any maintenance.

OME stock height lift on 33s suits these trucks while avoiding caster and driveline problems; the 3FE can handle the extra tire diameter except on the steepest highway grades. Pay attention to anticipated loads when choosing springs rates.

Mostly I’d suggest getting out and enjoying and learning to read her—sounds, smells, clunks, rattles, vibrations, etc. Those baseline sensory data are key to detecting future anomalies/problems before they become actual problems.

Congrats again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom