Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welcome to Arizona Toyota 4x4s Online!
This is the result of a lot of talk in recent months about starting up a new
Toyota Land Cruiser club for all of Arizona that woudn't exclude other Toyota
4x4s such as the Hilux, Tacoma, 4Runner, etc.
Our discussions led us to an online forum for all residents of AZ, not just
those who live in one of the major population centers, who share a love of
Toyota 4x4s and 4wheeling.
The purpose of this board is to further this discussion, as well as organise trail
rides and informal meetings, talk about our rigs, plan for the future, or talk
about whatever comes up that is of interest to the members of this board.
So, if you live in AZ, have a Toyota 4x4 (including Lexus LX and GX models)
and want to interact with others that do as well, this forum is for you.

Enjoy!

My name's Jonathan and I'm a Cruiser addict.
My fiance, Yashica, and I moved to Phoenix a year and a half ago.
I'm in school (UTI) and work at Sears Auto Ctr to pay the bills until I graduate.
I am on my second Land Cruiser, which I picked up farly cheap last year. Of
course, as soon as I started fixing it up, more stuff broke. The radiator's next.
I've only met a couple of Cruiserheads since I moved here, although I see
Cruisers all the time. Really looking forward to getting to know more, and
sharing my skills as a mechanic.
I love Cruisers, and I tend to get along well with others who love Cruisers, so
I got involved in starting this forum up, with the hopes of it one day being a
real statewide club. Yashica shares my love of Cruisers, and I'm trying to
convince her to join the forum with her own screen name and avatar. :D

My name is Brendan and I am a cruiser owner (group chimes in with "hi Brendan"). I now have an 80 series after owning a 60 with a small block. I have lived in AZ my entire life and currently reside in the east valley with my wife. Not much to talk about, my tag line pretty much sums it up. I have a few friends here in Phx with cruisers (89 FJ62 and a 97 LX450) and a few in Flagstaff (92 FJ80 and a 94 FZJ80) so doing a statewide club should not be a problem. Jonathan, I hope we get more than you and I posting on this.

Welcome!

rick d, tucson az, daily driver 1987 BJ74 (white, white top).

also have a 1981 FJ40 for a little while (red, but I think it is sold).

I wish had time to do a little of anything, kids-work-house have all my time right now.

[quote author=BMT link=board=27;threadid=12639;start=msg116335#msg116335 date=1078596921]
Jonathan, I hope we get more than you and I posting on this.
[/quote]

You and me both.
I think we will. It'll probably be in fits and spurts at first. Kinda like the original thread was. But this way we're more visible. :)

Re:Welcome!

Welcome, rick_d!
Glad to have you aboard.
Also glad to have a 70 series around. If you run out of time for it, I'll gladly step in as interim guardian for ya. (Of the 74, that is. :) )

Welcome!

...there is also a bright yellow BJ70 in town but never got the owners name. PHX has 1-2 BJ70's and then everything else...

rick

my names clay, i drive a beast of an FJ55 but its my pride and joy. i live in north phx but wheel, camp, fish, explore all over the state.
i have met quite a few cruiserheads in my travels around the state so we should have a good bunch once word starts to spread.
oh yeah welcome to the valley jonathan :flipoff2:

Thank you.
Cool. We now have 60s, 74s, a 55 and an 80.
I'm living in No. PHX, near T-Bird High School. If your 55 is white/beige, I've seen it around.

coulve been mine, it was a beige/ light tan color for a while but now its got a leapord camo thing goin on, was the one you've seen on 36" swampers with bullbars, sliders ect.ect.??
there are about a dozen of us 55 guys around town and we get together from time to time for BBQ's and light trail runs (most of'em are pretty stock). just wonderin if you saw mine or if i have a new guy to hunt for.

It was on big rubber and armored. Could be one in the same. :)

My turn....

My name is Larry. I just purchased my first Toy (a locked 93 FZJ80) back in December. Drove it about 4 or 5 times and the head gasket went bye-bye. Just now getting around to replacing it and have encountered another gotcha while we were in there...timing chain slipper needs to be replaced so I need to dig in the engine even further. I'm also a dual Jeep owner and was into rockcrawling pretty heavily a few years back. Thats out of my system now and prefer expedition type trips, extended weekends and camping.... hence the purchase of the 80. I live with my fiance near I17 and Bell.

Would love to get together with other local Cruiser owners.

Well, I'm about as local as you can get. 19th Ave. and T-Bird.
And there's a blue 40 on Bell near 20th St. (I think).
I'd be up for a get together, as soon as I get my radiator patched up. :doh:

my name is lee, and i (we) live in chandler. we have an 1988 fj62 - and this morning it's going in for lift-n-lockers 8)

there aren't many things in life better than taking a trail and camping for the night/weekend/fortnight...

Welcome!

Branden Hoy
Mesa, AZ

69 fj40:
350, sm465, 6" of lift, 35"MTR's, F&R ARB's, 4 wheel Disc's, pwr steering, CO2, and some other stuff. This is my wheeling rig. She's down right now but hopefully she'll be back together in the next week or two. It'll be time for some wheelin again soon.

67 fj45 lv:
Burned too the ground in a garage fire. Someday she'll be a pissed off rock rig.

Soon to come:
FZJ80.....

Hey Rick, good to see you're down in Tucson now. Are you the one that snatched that running LV a out of the trader down there a couple of weeks back? How many 45's you got right now?

Posted this in the other thread but here it is again.

Branden Hoy
Mesa, AZ

69 fj40:
350, sm465, 6" of lift, 35"MTR's, F&R ARB's, 4 wheel Disc's, pwr steering, CO2, and some other stuff. This is my wheeling rig. She's down right now but hopefully she'll be back together in the next week or two. It'll be time for some wheelin again soon.

67 fj45 lv:
Burned too the ground in a garage fire. Someday she'll be a pissed off rock rig.

Soon to come:
FZJ80.....

When my 40 is running I wheel as much as I possibly can. Most of the guys I wheel with have J**PS so I'm pretty stoked to potentially wheel with more Cruisers. The majority of my wheeling has been day runs near town (Florence Junction area) but I love to camp. It's kinda hard to pack my wife and daughter and enough gear for camping all in my 40, fzj80 pending for this reason. I'm also planning on building a trail trailer to haul behind the 40.

Brendo,
You forgot to mention a future cruiser owner in Flag.

I'm Dave and I currently run a Wagoneer, but hopefully, I will kick the Jeep habit and get an 80 by this time next year.

Last edited:
Re:Welcome!

Ooh, sorry too hear about the 45. Hopefully it'll come back to life.
Nice to see we have at least one potential recovery vehicle for when us stockers get stuck. :doh:

Ok, Tucson, Flag, the Valley. Starting to get the statewide thing going on.
Now we need voices from the outlying regions. :D
And I'm definately impressed with the number of posts in the first few days of this board. Makes me very optimistic about the future.
Now we just need some other Toyota 4x4 owners to stop on by. :)

One or two other slackers should be chiming in here from Flag. Sketty...Hltoppr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom