Intro: Forum Newbie from Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1593450783909.png

1593450830600.png

#5 = Air pump valve and hoses
#6 = Part of EGR. There are a couple more pipes and fittings for the EGR *I do see that the EGR valve is still attached to the intake manifold.

You are missing the air pump air distribution rail and injectors.

look like this and mounts in the top of the head....someone clearly removed it and put the insert plugs in
1593451058796.png

#10 is your air pump. I see the belt is still on it so I assume that means it still turns. When the engine is running and you have the hood open is there air pumping out of one of those pipes on the back of the pump? If you put your hand down there you should feel pulses coming out...you might hear it too.

#10 is your air pump. I see the belt is still on it so I assume that means it still turns. When the engine is running and you have the hood open is there air pumping out of one of those pipes on the back of the pump? If you put your hand down there you should feel pulses coming out...you might hear it too.
Yup, the pump is working, the lower pipe draws air and the upper blows air.

~100 little things 😅 (like, WTF is #8 and will it make my truck explode if I don't fix it)

#8 is part of the AC. Just looks like you need to replace the line that runs to the broken fitting.

#5 mounts on the driver side fender and hooks up to #10 and the air cleaner, and the long straight tube of #5 routes to the exhaust down pipe via a valve that is directly under the brake booster. Yours looks to be broken off in the picture.

Looks like you have quite the puzzle to put back together--good luck!

#8 is part of the AC. Just looks like you need to replace the line that runs to the broken fitting.

#5 mounts on the driver side fender and hooks up to #10 and the air cleaner, and the long straight tube of #5 routes to the exhaust down pipe via a valve that is directly under the brake booster. Yours looks to be broken off in the picture.

Looks like you have quite the puzzle to put back together--good luck!
Yeahhh you ain’t kidding! Unfortunately a 3FE head swap isn’t in the cards any time soon so unraveling this little mystery is the only thing that will get me road legal again :) what a joy!

Denver here. Former/current newb, depending on the job. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help. DM me if you want to text me for real-time help or connect for in-person help. Also, if your '86 is *fairly* stock, you're gonna need more than you think, sooner than you think. Let's see some pics of that ol' girl!

So after getting my head wrapped around all that needs to be done with the truck I have decided to 1) clean and organize the garage :p, 2) put the cruiser in said garage, 3) disassemble the suspension and sell the good parts, 4) source and install SUA components.

Right now my "biggest" issue is going to be finding a jack and stands big enough to get the axles off 😅 Know of a good place to start on that front?

So after getting my head wrapped around all that needs to be done with the truck I have decided to 1) clean and organize the garage :p, 2) put the cruiser in said garage, 3) disassemble the suspension and sell the good parts, 4) source and install SUA components.

Right now my "biggest" issue is going to be finding a jack and stands big enough to get the axles off 😅 Know of a good place to start on that front?
There’s a good used tool store down in Denver called Charlie’s Used Tools. Might be a good place to call and ask. If you’re going for height you can always place a couple 2x6 chunks under each stand.

There’s a good used tool store down in Denver called Charlie’s Used Tools. Might be a good place to call and ask. If you’re going for height you can always place a couple 2x6 chunks under each stand.
found some 2 ton jack stands on CL for 20$ and I am going to borrow my buddy's floor jack. hopefully I can get it off its suspension and onto stands/blocks without too much issue. Here's hoping

found some 2 ton jack stands on CL for 20$ and I am going to borrow my buddy's floor jack.
Just to be safe, you should try and find 3 ton stands- this is technically a 2.12 ton vehicle. Not all of that weight is on one stand, but jacks and jackstands are a bad place to skimp on dude. If ya need help pulling it apart feel free to shoot me a message, I don’t think I’m to far from ya, definitely have more expierance in the engine bay than the suspension though. Good luck!

Just to be safe, you should try and find 3 ton stands- this is technically a 2.12 ton vehicle. Not all of that weight is on one stand, but jacks and jackstands are a bad place to skimp on dude. If ya need help pulling it apart feel free to shoot me a message, I don’t think I’m to far from ya, definitely have more expierance in the engine bay than the suspension though. Good luck!
Shucks - I had a suspicion it would be a bit light...I’ll keep them for changing brakes on the wife’s car. Yeah when I get it in the garage I’ll hit you up - an extra pair of hands will be useful regardless. I’ll buy the beverages! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom