Intro and Request for Advice!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I bought my beautiful 100 series LX about a year ago with 135k. It’s now got 145k. stock, no mods. In love with the heritage, look, drive, comfort, all of it. I have an Bmw e93 vert and an Acura tsx to give the truck company. I bought her to be used for daily driving, camping, over landing if I get there, and some light wheelin. Thanks for having me in the community.

Now on to the issue. Long story short, cylinder 5 has launched the spark plug from the head twice now, destroying the coil pack in its process both times, just a few weeks apart. The first time this happened, it was on a road trip the day after I was doing some light wheeling.Not the first time I had been out in the truck so I wasn’t babying her.

Started as a light misfire and shortly after escalated into a lot more noise. I was able to stop at an Oreily in bufu GA where the associate knew enough to get me going and back home 1000 miles away. The second time was a week after I got back from the trip.

I am in the process of replacing all the plugs, and the worn coil packs out. However, I am experiencing that the spark plug won’t tighten in its cylinder (#5). So it appears as though I need to fix the hole. I’ve seen recommendations for repair kits and time sert.

1. Can I get a recommendation for which repair kit to use? Assuming each brand is a little different so want to get one that fits the 100 as best as possible.

2. Any ideas on whether this will fix the issue? Or should I look for other causes for the plug ejection.

C6B17149-33E5-4874-848F-CC3B48816A68.jpeg
C4984305-B43E-4F82-9C53-637D80E8CE36.jpeg
F5E526CC-7087-4A20-8EF4-2EF1C2B4B606.jpeg

97AE5523-AED1-4FF6-9FB5-723425B246DF.jpeg

#8 is not on the table bc it was too difficult for me to reach. I’m trying to be better at working on my own vehicle now that I have a garage. #8 was positioned too annoyingly for me to try at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom