Intermittent static noise from speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.

I've been dealing with static noise coming from my dash when hitting bumps on the road, then going away. This has been intermittent but is beginning to happen often. The powered antenna has been serviced by toyota about 5 years ago and is still functioning as should.

Has anyone experienced this issue? And will the fixed antenna remedy this annoying static noise?

Any help would be appreciated.

Does the noise happen only when using the radio or does it also occur if using another source?

Does the noise happen only when using the radio or does it also occur if using another source?
I installed a Sony CarPlay recently so I can’t really turn off the unit, but this has been happening way before the install of my CarPlay. It happens when I hit bumps on the road. It goes away after hitting more bumps shortly after. It sometimes goes away when I adjust the antenna. I’m stumped on what is causing it.

Sorry,I should have been clearer. I was referring to does the issue happen when you listen to the radio (AM/FM) and when CarPlay is running or only with the radio is on? If it only happens when the radio is on it is likely a loose connection between the stereo and the antenna (there are two).

Since you said the issue occurs now and with the past stereo I would assume it is not an internal issue with the stereo itself. Does the issue only occur with the front speakers or all the speakers? When the new stereo was installed did the factory wire get reused or was a new wire run? It sounds like you have a wire/connection that is loose or damaged somewhere between the stereo and the speakers.

Sorry,I should have been clearer. I was referring to does the issue happen when you listen to the radio (AM/FM) and when CarPlay is running or only with the radio is on? If it only happens when the radio is on it is likely a loose connection between the stereo and the antenna (there are two).

Since you said the issue occurs now and with the past stereo I would assume it is not an internal issue with the stereo itself. Does the issue only occur with the front speakers or all the speakers? When the new stereo was installed did the factory wire get reused or was a new wire run? It sounds like you have a wire/connection that is loose or damaged somewhere between the stereo and the speakers.
Not too sure if it’s the front speakers only.
But I’m probably thinking that there is a disconnect with the adjustable antenna?
New wiring kit was used to make the CarPlay work so that can’t be it. This has been happening intermittently even with the original radio.

I wont begin to claim rhis is your same issue, but, funny story, and how weird things can be...

I had this happening in my 80 series truck so many years ago. It would happen when i bounced around, or when I made hard quick turns. Then, a long time later, I happen to pull the radio out for some reason. I noticed a rattle in it. Seems there was a penny someone put in the tape deck. It was rolling around in there. I somehow shook it out. Problem never came back.

It could be loose pins in the actual harness assembly. Pull it all apart and make sure all the pins are snug inside the harness plug assembly.

I believe this static/humming noise is due to my stock amp taking a crap soon. Thinking to bypass the stock amp and connect the speakers to the HU directly.

Will report back on this once I have a fix.. Thanks to all that helped me thus far.

Confirmed. The stock amp was the culprit. Removed the stock amp completely and ran the speakers directly to my CarPlay. No static noises anymore.

You can choose to bypass the amp, but I didn’t want to keep and reuse a 23 year old amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom