Interest in brass tailgate window gears? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
I'm going to get pricing on making the infamous tailgate window gear out of brass or steel. Is there any interest in multiple copies? Post up here if you're interested and what you think a reasonable price would be (I don't want to get hosed). I'll post up in a day or two when I have some pricing.
This is going to be a one time thing to get a good permanent gear for my kid. After that you're all back to the plastic gears so if you want one don't wait.

Any preference between brass or steel? Steel is probably quite a bit cheaper to make due to material cost.

I would like one, maybe more for my budding spare parts cache!

My recently acquired FJ55 came with a crumbled plastic gear. The PO disassembled it, and left the rear window mechanism in parts. I hope I can figure out how to put it back together!

A delightful price would be equal to the plastic replacement (36 bucks at SOR). A very good price would be up to twice that (because it should last at least twice as long!).

Thanks,
Andy

Andy

Count me in.

I've got pricing of $60 + the ride (lets say $5 for the ride, I can't imagine it cost more than that anywhere stateside) once I get to the states in early June. These are for a brass gear to replace the plastic gear that seems to like to break, not the worm gear and not the steel gear that rides the window crank arms (the big steel arcs). I decided that brass is a better option than steel as the brass will be easier on the worm gear.

I should have a sample in a couple of days.

Once I have it and am happy with it you can all Paypal me at cwirrell@aebc.com Include your shipping address. Note that I cannot do credit card Paypal transactions, only transactions that use a Paypal balance or you bank balance. I'll take orders till May 13 only.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom