Installing Viper alarm in a 70 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Didn't find much out there about wiring up an alarm on a 70 series, so thought I would make a thread as I figure this out as well as post links to very helpful threads.

Specifically, I am doing this on Inigo, my Unicorn, 1992 BJ73 Spain assembled LC. LHD

I am installing a Viper 3400V system. This does not have remote start, however, the work to get to the correct wires should be useful for anyone installing an alarm.

First up for me was the door indicators. I tapped into the wire at connector J1 which is in the passenger side (right) kickpanal, wire 17, that is grounded when the doors are open. picture below.

1698269864756.png

In regard to the door locks, I found this great thread....

to be continued.

doing the door lock/unlock, I tapped into the two red wires as shown in the link above. Red with white stripe and red with black stripe. I traced the two wires from the control box in the drivers door and the just went to the switch on the drivers door, so that is where I connected the wires as it was closer to the door jamb, then strung them out through the loom into the cab.

1698411063994.png

I did the same thing for the door locks....I haven't rigged up the blinking lights yet for the alarm... I'll be interested to see where you connected that to? Thanks

I did the same thing for the door locks....I haven't rigged up the blinking lights yet for the alarm... I'll be interested to see where you connected that to? Thanks

Took me a while to figure that one out…. Out of the bottom of the steering column, you’ll find a green with orange stripe wire. This wire is grounded when you turn on the parking lights. connect that to the negative trigger of the alarm , and on my alarm, I had to selectively make that a negative output.

It has been posted elsewhere in this forum by others and myself, but the 80 series blinking light will work with an aftermarket keyless entry system with some modifications. You can find them on ebay and they will snap right in for a nice OEM look.

Here is mine:

security light.gif.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom