Installing rear third member. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing my rear third member with factory E-locker has caused me to use words I haven't used in a long time. Still not in. Not sure why this time it is so difficult.

Yeah I engaged it to the locked position. I think I need to sleep on it and try again in the morning. Thanks for the reply though.

I finally gave up after a long night of trying to bench press it up into position while laying on my back. A $160 transmission jack from Harbor Freight made all the difference in the world. The support plate has two axis adjustment and the diff just slid right in.

800 lbs. Low Lift Transmission Jack

Tranny Jack.jpg

I finally gave up after a long night of trying to bench press it up into position while laying on my back. A $160 transmission jack from Harbor Freight made all the difference in the world. The support plate has two axis adjustment and the diff just slid right in.
Yep, being a retired old fart, I just don't have the bench pressing ability or maybe it was just ego....I don't know...lol. Anyway, on my diffs rebuild earlier this year, I got me a tranny jack from Harbor Freight, too. But mine looks different - cheaper - think it 1/2 what you payed, but worth every penny...lol. Worked for both diffs. Another example of where age & treachery triumph over youth & skill...;)
IMG_0668.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom