Installed New Stereo - No Sound = FIXED! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You dont have to use the rca can just use speaker outputs from radio into the aftermarket harness its call high level input it will work fine.
You have to use the RCA's if you use the factory amps or any other amps. If you use the speaker outs on the harness, then you would need to run speaker wires. There are some harnesses available with no RCA's. It all depends on the application.

I have a Sony head unit. The built in amp is fine. I'd bypass the factory amp as the Sony unit will have a stronger output.

My Sony unit has had a glitch a couple of times where it stops putting out sound. I've had to go through the menu and reset to factory settings

About couple of years ago I installed this:
Sony XAV-AX100
I did followed the installtion instructions to the letter...and, like you, I didn't had sound: I accidentally short the passanger speaker :bang:). Once I cleared the short everything was fine
Like many mudders, I eliminated the OEM amp. I'm quite happy with the results.
Cheers!

About couple of years ago I installed this:
Sony XAV-AX100
I did followed the installtion instructions to the letter...and, like you, I didn't had sound: I accidentally short the passanger speaker :bang:). Once I cleared the short everything was fine
Like many mudders, I eliminated the OEM amp. I'm quite happy with the results.
Cheers!
How did you identify the short? I've got sound to my rear roof speakers and front knee speakers but no sound to the door speakers. Sony XAV-AX100 with the Metra amp bypass harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom