Installed Android / Carplay interface into OEM system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@RussianGx

how low of a power consumption did they mention? I leave the GX parked for a couple weeks. I don’t want to come back to a dead battery.

Do they have a complete Shutdown for this unit?

@RussianGx
Would you be able to explain in detail the DVR functionality. Is this another App or a dongle? Can it be purchased separately? Can I use front and side cameras without the DVR (like on the OEM driver support package)?

No affiliation, but stumbled on this through one of the overland member groups. Looks like a decent deal, I placed an order.

Does anyone have a recommendation for wireless camera that works well? I want to put one on the back of my travel trailer so I can see behind me.

No affiliation, but stumbled on this through one of the overland member groups. Looks like a decent deal, I placed an order.

Yea you will soon see my videos on that group buy. Another member from GXOR has posted this. So there is affiliation sort of speak hahahaha

@RussianGx
Would you be able to explain in detail the DVR functionality. Is this another App or a dongle? Can it be purchased separately? Can I use front and side cameras without the DVR (like on the OEM driver support package)?
DVR is typically through USB. Look for USB cameras that are android compatible. They have their own SD card but come with software that allows you to preview on your android radio via USB.
These are not FRONT or Rear or side cameras. DVR mounts to top of windshield and rear window

Now 360 cameras front rear and sides are hardwired and use RCA video plug.

None of these would override your back up or front OEM camera. You would have to be in the android mode to see any of the above work

I know this is probably a bit overboard...but is it possible to do a “plug-n-play” swap of my 2010 nav screen & stereo with a 2014+ set?

I'm gonna throw the... "with enough time and money anything is possible" but unfortunately not.
Oh well...all of us 2010-13 guys are more or less “stuck with whut we brung” for now.

I’m sure in time there will be more viable PnP choices...as usual, it’s the waiting part that can be a pain lol

There is the GROM but AFAIK no Carplay

There is the GROM but AFAIK no Carplay

You’re right - the Grom is a nice option for the 10-13 trucks.

Unfortunately, I have an iPhone for both for work and personal lines, so the Grom it isn’t a viable option for me.

I know...first world problems, right? Lol

With a video-in is on the back of our head units, it would make sense that a cable would be all that is needed to plug one's phone in and have it display on the screen. Can it be that simple? Or is it me...
But maybe that's why I'm a biomed engineer and not an electrical engineer...

issue i am having right now is static when I switch to AUX. The actual device is plugged into the back of the system via harness. When I unplug the aux harness no more static. But I loose out on USB port directly to OEM system. So trying to figure out what part of the harness is casing the bad static issue.

Got my LSAILT unit today.
It doesn’t look too difficult to install... time will tell...

I’ll probably install it this weekend.

Where is the wireless carplay dongle? Is it built into the harness?

@Acrad
I suspect that all of these units are from the same manufacturer and are just “rebranded” or packaged per company specs and logos. Connectors and hookups of course are all different per the car specs.
Grom vs Beatsonic vs LSAILT.

Grom and beatsonic all have/had plans for the 14+ 460 and they all seemed to be delayed.

The only thing that holds me up on a GROM is that I may get one of them new Broncos!!!

After working with LSAILT for a while now on sound static issue for aux input. they developed a sound filter that will plug right into their system but does require a 12v acc and a ground connection. Will come standard now with all the systems.

Looking at the video install you posted Acrad, the process doesn't look so bad, maybe a :banana::banana: or :banana::banana::banana: job on a weekend. The hardest part is probably tearing apart the dash and console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom