Installed Android / Carplay interface into OEM system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2017 Lexus GX Premium.
Android / wireless CarPlay installed
Works
The Install is easy if you know how to remove a stereo. No wire splicing. All plugs into your stereo with a harness they provide.
How it works: You hold the Home button on your stereo it turns on the Android interface with a notable click. You click the mode button on your steering wheel to switch to Aux to hear it.
Issues: If you are using wireless CarPlay, Make sure to switch your Aux settings in the Setup to A/V input instead of USB.
Few issues with oem aux / USB port creating hiss at high volume. Lexus problem not Lsailt.
Anyways it worked out including dvr via USB I added from another brand.
I got it on Sale (I think price is higher now.) However they said group purchase is possible if 5 people order it and not through the aliexpress but direct.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32839646985.html

lexus GX OEM Carplay 2.jpg

lexus gx back of the screen.jpg
lsailt Lexus gx install android.jpg
lexus gx 460 dash opened.jpg

lexus gx 460 stereo out steering wheel.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I have a medium desire to add Apple carplay.

Any chance you'll be making a little video of the pros/cons of how the Lsailt functions with the OEM screen, steering wheel controls, the noted USB/Aux issues, etc?

Ugggg... I just checked and it's only for 2014 and up.
I'm 2013...
I've been wanting something like this for my rig so I can use my vehicles screen instead of having to always look at my phone.
It looks like it's $500-600 clams, correct?
Has anyone else found anything for the earlier GX460's (pre 2014)?

I'm 2013...
I've been wanting something like this for my rig so I can use my vehicles screen instead of having to always look at my phone.
Yes there are other systems for your years by GROM

I'm 2013...

Right. I love the GX and can appreciate the “not always the most current tech...but reliable old s***” approach, but man could I get used to some logical features. Sucks it comes at a $600 price tag as that seems steep for whatcha get, but ‘‘tis the compromise corner we’re backed into I suppose.

Appreciate the link for the GROM, Russian.

Right. I love the GX and can appreciate the “not always the most current tech...but reliable old s***” approach, but man could I get used to some logical features. Sucks it comes at a $600 price tag as that seems steep for whatcha get, but ‘‘tis the compromise corner we’re backed into I suppose.

Appreciate the link for the GROM, Russian.
I am actually thinking of selling these systems in US. Negotiating with the manufacturer right now. What would you say if it was $450 per unit ?

I am actually thinking of selling these systems in US. Negotiating with the manufacturer right now. What would you say if it was $450 per unit ?

Honestly, the price doesn’t matter as much as function. If $450 means it works 80% and $600 means it works 95%, I’d pay $700 all day.

I realize that goes against my previous post, but I presumed a certain level of “it has some bugs” in that reply.

Obviously, as a potential distributor, the price is the easier thing to combat, but what I (and I think most) want is product support and improvement. A company (even foreign) that is willing to hear feedback from end users and tweak, improve and do so quickly (as most problems are usually software not hardware on decent setups) is what I’d argue most of us want. If talking with the companies gives you the impression they’re that caliber of company, then you’d likely find my/our support.

Keep us posted on how your distributorship works out! I too am interested!
To me, way better than that huge Tesla screen replacement. This at least helps keep the stock look and feel AND all the HVAC, air bag sensors, etc. still work.

Honestly, the price doesn’t matter as much as function. If $450 means it works 80% and $600 means it works 95%, I’d pay $700 all day.

I realize that goes against my previous post, but I presumed a certain level of “it has some bugs” in that reply.

Obviously, as a potential distributor, the price is the easier thing to combat, but what I (and I think most) want is product support and improvement. A company (even foreign) that is willing to hear feedback from end users and tweak, improve and do so quickly (as most problems are usually software not hardware on decent setups) is what I’d argue most of us want. If talking with the companies gives you the impression they’re that caliber of company, then you’d likely find my/our support.
Totally. But this is not my first Android system in a Lexus and a Toyota. This one does it better compared to other brands. They are good at communicating and I like how easy it is to setup.

If they come out with a unit to support GEN 6 w/HDD please let us know. GEN 7 never used in 460 and GEN 8 is still used in 2020... apparently 2021 as well. The 2021 manuals don't show any significant ... frankly "any" changes.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 4.19.48 PM.jpg

Looks like an usable interface, though a little touchy.

Have you lived with it enough to offer some good feedback on it for those of us that may be interested?

If it runs Apple Car Play and doesn't lose any of the factory functionality in regards to the user interface then I am definitely interested. I think you can get people on board for $350, maybe $400 but it's a bit steep beyond that IMHO, especially when it isn't providing any new hardware (bigger screen).

If it runs Apple Car Play and doesn't lose any of the factory functionality in regards to the user interface then I am definitely interested. I think you can get people on board for $350, maybe $400 but it's a bit steep beyond that IMHO, especially when it isn't providing any new hardware (bigger screen).
I doubt you will find anything less of $500. But I am talking with them about a new model they are about to release. Will keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom