Inner fender rubber skirts, Important? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just noticed that I lost the driver side Inner rubber skirt that covers the Starter area (rearmost skirt).

And also on the passanger side I lost the rear most skirt also.

I'm not sure how? I did go off-road MUD bashing, not sure if it was the mud or maybe the tires on full articulation?

Anyways, are these important to have?

Any problem other than more dirt/mud in those areas?

In places where it's wet a lot -- I'm guessing Puerto Rico would qualify -- it helps keep the splash from the tires intruding into the engine compartment. Not perfect, but it helps.

They can also be helpful when you get in deep water. They help preserve the bubble of air under the hood that let's the truck tackle deep water if you keep the bow wave right.

People do without them all the time, but they seem easy enough to take out then reinstall when servicing the couple of times I needed in there (PHH, for instance).

You can probably find a suitable fastener at the auto parts store and fab some replacements out of thin mudflap material. But maybe OEM is still available and reasonably priced?

Greentruck, good info..... never thought about my missing pieces before

I bought that part along w/ the mounting hardware from gotmud last year and IIRC it was around $10.

I just noticed that I lost the driver side Inner rubber skirt that covers the Starter area (rearmost skirt).

And also on the passanger side I lost the rear most skirt also.

I'm not sure how? I did go off-road MUD bashing, not sure if it was the mud or maybe the tires on full articulation?

Anyways, are these important to have?

Any problem other than more dirt/mud in those areas?

Have you seen my pictures in Ciales??? I don't think it doesn't matters if you have them or not...

Ara y El Tractor Dos (3).jpg
Tractor 2 en Ciales en el rio.jpg

Jose,

It's time you get a snorkle.

:hillbilly:

Have you seen my pictures in Ciales??? I don't think it doesn't matters if you have them or not...

I didn't know you were a chick.:rolleyes:

in a pinch, a ziptie works fine for re-securing the skirting, if you don't have the correct clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom