Injector cleaning and balancing service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KennyBob

Anybody can pray for rain, get to diggin’ a well
SILVER Star
Threads
Putting this out to the masses as it's far easier and further reaching than texting my local cruiserhead friends. So here goes:

Can anyone recommend or does anyone know of shops that can clean and balance the injectors locally? Or is there a cheaper/less invasive way to clean them on the truck?

I've got a cylinder 3 misfire that I think I've narrowed down to the injector itself. Thanks y'all.

Buy new. I had mine cleaned locally from a well known shop, it lasted 10k miles. Replaced it with a new one, all is well.

Buy new. I had mine cleaned locally from a well known shop, it lasted 10k miles. Replaced it with a new one, all is well.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was really hoping to avoid that hefty price tag. Will I be kicking myself for just replacing the one? Also has anyone tried and had good luck with "upgraded" injectors in the past such as these?

Send them to RC-Engineering. Turn around is very quick and they are the standard-setter for gasoline injector cleaning/balancing. There is a decent diesel injector shop in town, but when I brought them some gas injectors it didn't fix the problem at all. They then went off to RCE and per their flow benching still had a long way to go to be balanced. After that.. perfect.

Send them to RC-Engineering. Turn around is very quick and they are the standard-setter for gasoline injector cleaning/balancing. There is a decent diesel injector shop in town, but when I brought them some gas injectors it didn't fix the problem at all. They then went off to RCE and per their flow benching still had a long way to go to be balanced. After that.. perfect.

Thanks for the info. You referring to the company out in Torrance Cali?

Thanks for the info. You referring to the company out in Torrance Cali?
Yes. You’ll have to deal with transit times but the three times I’ve used them they had the injectors back out the day after receipt. Granted this was well before the pandemic.

Kenny, I checked the local shop in east Austin a while back and cost seemed high to me. I have used Mr. Injector on three different occasions and I have been happy with him/them. Last time I sent him the injectors from my Vortec, he called me back the after he received saying they were bad an was shipping them back, did not charge me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom