This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New FJ cruiser basically. Smaller than lc200 so I'm not trading my 16 for sure. Looks cool, new inside factory tech is nice. Just curious what the fuel efficiency drops to after putting lift with 33-35s with these turbos. Tundras drop down to 13-15 mpg after 2 inch lift with 33s.

New FJ cruiser basically. Smaller than lc200 so I'm not trading my 16 for sure. Looks cool, new inside factory tech is nice. Just curious what the fuel efficiency drops to after putting lift with 33-35s with these turbos. Tundras drop down to 13-15 mpg after 2 inch lift with 33s.

I had an FJ Cruiser, and beg to differ. That was the worst Toyota I've ever owned.

Is anyone that adds a lift and bigger tires worried about gas mileage? I have a 6" lift and 35s on my Tundra, and am not...

I think it's a great alternative to the bloated LCs that Toyota has been putting out for awhile. Might have to put the 40 on the market...

YMMV

I dig it. There is an article out there comparing the specs to the 200 and it isn't all that much smaller. I plan on getting one or the new GX. I'm just happy they came out with something with different trim packages and a realistic price point. I do wish they were offering the twin turbo V6 and better towing capacity like they are with the GX.

I dig it. There is an article out there comparing the specs to the 200 and it isn't all that much smaller. I plan on getting one or the new GX. I'm just happy they came out with something with different trim packages and a realistic price point. I do wish they were offering the twin turbo V6 and better towing capacity like they are with the GX.

Here is that article, Pat.

Clicky

I like it.
I currently drive a GX460, and I hate that Toyota/Lexus has always been slow with the tech and Apple play on the trucks, and cars.
It looks like they have fixed that issue, and it has a nice large touchscreen. The base price is a lot more affordable too.

This new Cruiser is going to be a hit.
1958 editions is definitely the way to go price will start in the mid 50K

Yes, and there’s too many Broncos out there

I think I could get into one eventually, though my biggest hang up is the lack of third row seating. I wonder if that will make a comeback in future MYs.

Our LX is the do-it-all. Daily driver, kid+friends hauler, tow vehicle, camping HQ, off roader...needing a third row puts me in GX territory I guess, though I'd like to avoid having another Lexus badge in my life.

I wonder how the hybrid engine will handle long-distance towing in the mountains. I'm pro hybrid, but what happens when the battery has been depleted and there are more mountain passes to go?

I don't disklike it but I am not giving up my 2016 for one.

Yea, I'd go with the 1958 "poverty pack" too. I hate leather seats. Drive it off the lot to a tire store. I wonder what Metal Tech has up their sleeve for this? They usually get some early builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom