Inexpensive Ebay side view mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Has anyone used or have knowledge of the 20 dollar set of side mirrors on ebay. They look alright and it beats $85. My last Toyota set laster 5 years but started cracking in one year.
That is all.

Thank you

Antoine

The rectangular mirrors are crap.

They look good, but I had to heat the metal “ball” to form-fit it into the plastic socket. Otherwise it wouldn’t fit.

Even adding a lock washer to the socket didn’t tighten them up much... the more you try to tighten them, the more the screws pull thru the plastic... went to nuts, washers and bolts... same problem... they won’t stay adjusted.

Most of my time is on rough roads... perhaps they would work better on pavement... I doubt it.

Even ravens hate them

ABBECF79-ADF1-4FC8-992E-747160345E01.jpeg

I had genuine OEM plastic mirrors crack within a year. The CCoT wide-angle mirrors have worked well, but are FRAGILE. Very easy to break the glass during install, so put some spit on the ball and socket as lube and use great care. A wide-angle right-side FJ40 mirror is a wonderful thing.

698FC37B-4A02-4830-A0CC-F461B8617779.jpeg
I got the metal convex mirrors that I think came on European 40s? There’s a thread out there somewhere that talks about all the side view mirrors and their part numbers. My local dealer was able to ship them in for $84 for the pair if I remember right. Only a tad bit of angle grinding required :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom