In search of a shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, I’m in search of a shop that will rebuild my rear driveshaft. The splines are worn and it howls. I can live with it, my wife cannot! Hartmans in Reading is out, we had a bit of a kurfuffle on the phone. He may be really good with big three hot rods, but not Landcruisers. The dealership quoted me 1,200 +/- for a new one. Ryan said I should be able to find an OEM new one for about the same as a Tom Woods shaft. Any ideas?

Thanks! good info, I'll call them Monday as Conshohocken is only about an hour down the turnpike from me. How do they do it? My dealer is nearly double that.

I always order online and ship but when I got my 80's windshield a couple years back I was able to check a box to pick up at the dealer. @Crusha hooked me and picked it up and brought it down my way. There's a phone number on the site and their parts people are really friendly. If you don't see an option to pick up at the dealer just give them a call and see how they can handle it.

Well now, it seems my inspection mechanic has a good friend that works at Conicelli. He’s gonna hook me up. Thanks guys. But how do they do it? My guy tells me they keep a large stockpile of a lot of parts & we buy them at the old prices. Seems simple enough.

I don't think so. They just order what you need from a regional depot. They get daily shipments so if it's in stock at a depot then you'll have it in hand in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom