In need of LHD non-North American parts! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help me find a good source for left hand drive non-North American 80 series parts? I'm in need of an instrument cluster and center/ shifter consul for a 5-speed, diesel, 96 80 series or equivelant. I've had no luck with my internet searches. Thanks guys, Ryan.

Dude, can you say "Specter Off-Road"? Not that this is the only solution; however, it would be one of my first calls. Marv just seems to get his hands on tons of non-NA stuff--be it LHD or RHD. He's been getting more contacts in the Middle East and even though most of that stuff is gassers, it's possible you would be able to source something you want.

I am NOT affiliated with SOR but I like the business ethic of the guy and I call him a friend. The tech line is 818-882-1238. You can check out their website at www.sor.com and I wish you good luck.

LHD diesel puts you in the Central America and European markets for Toyota. If you speak Spanish or have someone who does, try contacting dealerships in Costa Rica or Panama. If you don't, then start with UK dealers.

I second the SOR suggestion, Marv has forgotten more Cruiser information than most of us will ever learn, the non-US cruiser community in the US owes him a debt of gratitude, myself included.

Is this for a 1HDFT with an H151f transfer? Keep in mind if your engine is from a RHD vehicle, the transfer shifter will exit in the RHD position unless you've changed the transfer shifter lever to a LHD version.

Third vote of confidence in Marv Specter for parts. Excellent customer service, I've never been disappointed with my purchases.

Dave

Let me know what's needed. I can likely help you out.

beanz2 said:
Third vote of confidence in Marv Specter for parts. Excellent customer service, I've never been disappointed with my purchases.Dave

Marv is THE man, and SOR is a valuable resource...that's for sure.

gb

shifter position

beanz2 said:
Is this for a 1HDFT with an H151f transfer? Keep in mind if your engine is from a RHD vehicle, the transfer shifter will exit in the RHD position unless you've changed the transfer shifter lever to a LHD version.

Third vote of confidence in Marv Specter for parts. Excellent customer service, I've never been disappointed with my purchases.

Dave

I'm still thinking it should fit ok. Since it's a manual the transfer shifter is toward the back from the gear shiftrer.

The LHD transfer shifter exits behind and to the right of the transmission shifter. Here is a LHD pic pilfered from drexx's site:

ps_transmission_01.gif

You may be better off with a RHD console methinks.

Then G&S cruiserparts is your best source for the parts :D

Dave

You can remove the RHD transfer lever, and by grinding a new flat on the horizontal portion of the lever, insert the lever from the other side and make it exit behind and to the right of the transmission lever, but it may sit farther to the right than the stock LHD lever. You just have to look at the transfer lever when you get the engine to really see it.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom