Proud Hilux LN112 owner in the states, looking for 3L parts and improvements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently sold my HiAce for this beaut of a JDM RHD Hilux.

The importer is a good friend and they gave the old girl a thorough maintenance sweep.

I'm used to using northwesttoys for my Diesel needs, but hoped you wizards might have some advice on keeping her running smooth and improving performance.

My model specific search hasn't led to a lot so I'm hoping folks can recommend some adjacent model numbers that have similar parts or options.

Thanks on advance; glad to be here!

20240208_083113.jpg

Congrats on the new truck. Is your frame number LN112-PRPQT? Should be printed on the plate in engine bay.

I only see one set of options for the 112 series on partsouq and amayama. Looks extremely similar to my 107 series trucks. Everything important will be almost identical. In fact for all 3L trucks between 88-97, the differences are small. Different intakes, airboxes, bed types, roll bar/headache racks, and interior stuff like seat belts, seats, speakers, etc. My 106 series shares nearly all parts with the 107 aside from the front axle (ifs vs sfa). 106s have a metal skid plate and more armor underneath. Its nothing to worry about.

Northwest toys is great, but be careful what you buy from them. I'm convinced they make most of their money marking up parts they order from the UAE. A lot of people are dumb and don't go to the trouble of finding their own parts if it doesn't pop up with their first Google search. Northwest Toys labels their parts in such a way that you can keyword search and have them pop up. I ordered timing belt stuff from them when I bought my first 3L truck, they charged me over 900$. I just recently ordered the same components on partsouq for another truck, it was like 370$ plus shipping.

As for running smooth, and performance. Make sure you've got a recent timing belt done. Do NOT leave this to chance, and don't trust stickers from the Japan side. If you don't know, do one. It's easy and a great way to get familiar with your truck, ordering parts, and so on. If you snap a belt, the 3L is an inference engine, it will be smoked.

Do frequent oil changes. More frequent than you're used to. I'd suggest 3000km changes. I do a filter every other oil change.

The 3L is a great engine. I have owned three of them. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Or if you need a page out of the engine or body factory manuals, I have both.

3L is simple, parts are cheap, it is a practical and well-built rig. If you are mechanically inclined, you'll learn to love it.

Also, that truck is looking wayyy too clean. Can I suggest somewhere to pick up some dents and scratches? It's a HILUX after all!!! 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom