In line proportioning valve option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, my master cylinder gave up the ghost a little while back, and have just replace all the rear cylinders, hard lines and have put on a new master from Napa... But the model they sent me is clearly meant for discs all around... The proportioning valve from the previous master won't fit in the new master due to a different size port the brake line adapter screws into... I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and found some success with an in line type adjustable proportioning valve? I'd rather not have to go out and get another master........

I put one in when I did a re fit for front disk. The one I used was from Summit a good price was had. Seems to be working well and have good service no problems. Bent my own lined etcetera so I have been good to go.

I put one in when I did a re fit for front disk. The one I used was from Summit a good price was had. Seems to be working well and have good service no problems. Bent my own lined etcetera so I have been good to go.
Nice... I don't suppose you have a link/pic of the one you used?

Tilton has one with metric fittings. Not sure if they are th same as Toyota but worth looking into.

Pete

Tilton has one with metric fittings. Not sure if they are th same as Toyota but worth looking into.

Pete
Thanks... But keeping in mind I paid only 25 bones for the brand new master, I'm not sure 100+ for the prop valve makes oodles of sense.....

I used http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ssb-a0707-1/overview/ (I think I got it from Speedway Motors but I can't find it there anymore). I too had to make all my hardlines. The SAE and metric lines are close enough in diameter that you can put either fitting on the line before you flare it. I made metric fittings on one end to mate to Toyota pickup hoses (mini truck front conversion), but the other end fits the Corvette master cylinder.
20141102_081142.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom