If the 60 series didnt exist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would take some getting used to (I'm partial to the round headlights) but I could do it…..62 series…….:hillbilly:

My IH Scout got me around nicely in the early 80's. Still, no comparison to the 60.

BANISHED!
Patrol is equivalent??? I can count the amount of GQ's left in the wild I've seen in the last year on one hand, up the top end I didn't see one patrol the whole time I was there.

Down here in NZ old GQ patrols and Safari are easy to come by, solid engines and drivetrain, usually cheaper than a good 61, and have coil springs, if the interior wasn't ugly as hell and if they had a proper tailgate, then they would be as good as a 60... Well almost as good perhaps?

I know you guys are going to crucify me for this but...

1986-jeep-grand-wagoneer-4x4for-sale_7397e.jpg

There is one of these rolling around my neighborhood and I think its cool as hell.

...before you judge me keep in mind I already own an 80 and a Taco :D

Down here in NZ old GQ patrols and Safari are easy to come by, solid engines and drivetrain, usually cheaper than a good 61, and have coil springs, if the interior wasn't ugly as hell and if they had a proper tailgate, then they would be as good as a 60... Well almost as good perhaps?

There's a reason you can't find GQs in good condition in Australia, it's because they've all rattled to bits and motors have died around 400,000km. I wouldn't accept that from a 60.

Early series rover.

I love my 60 but love my 40 slightly more. If not the 60, the early Ford Bronco.

View attachment 1000287

There is one of these rolling around my neighborhood and I think its cool as hell.

that is pretty damn cool. Vintage 4x4 rock over the modern plastic computerized crap.

Surely, if there were no 60, I would opt for any other Landcruiser BJ70, HZJ76, HZJ105, HDJ80, HDJ100 ... but if the question is directed to another vehicle than Toyota, I would not hesitate and choose a AMC Grang Wagonner...

... with the fake wood panel, of course ;)

View attachment 1000287

... If they do, I'll be by your side!

That Jeep Wagoneer is sweet!

Shoooot no! I love the two door Cherokees. This is still one of my favorite builds:
util.ks

image.jpg

this would be sweet. it seriously gets the same fuel economy as my 62 but has a way longer range!! I saw one in Whitehorse on my way to Alaska a year ago. awsome rig!! maybe not too practicle for mall cruising but I could park anywhere

Yup the cherocar gets my vote too, but obviously with the gladiator lookin front end like the one posted above. I just happen to have a grille like that one hangin in the garage.

If I didnt have a cruiser fettish I think id build my own. Newer frame and drive train maybe a dodge 2500 6bt combo or even a power wagon frame and axles with a late 60's suburban body? Throw dynatrack goodies at the dodge front axle to make it reliable and drive the hell out of it.

Or maybe a real old power wagon?

D

aston martin... makin fat $tack$ at da HO HO HOME DEPOT

image.jpg

1ton Sub with 6.5 TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom