Idiot YouTubber Botches GX460 Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jake, great video. Cheers for the perseverance and real-world experience - mistakes included. I decided to call in a professional for my install (Dobinson's IMS on a 2017 GX460). I "helped." We were able to get the front coil overs installed without having to mess with the KDSS shutter valves. A few presses and a bounce on a 2x4 jammed between the frame and LCA was enough to get the lower shock bolt in.

You just had to do it din't you, and post it online for everyone.
Now I have to order stuff and my wife's gonna kill me.

o_O
o_O💸

• Haha
Reactions: r2m
Great video. You captured pretty much every single one of the problems I ran into when I installed the same suspension on my 2018. Fortunately I didnt have to deal with the airbag delete. Did you end up with a lean ? The passenger rear on mine sits 1/2 inch higher than the drivers side, and yes I did disconnect the KDSS once all 4 tires were up in the air.

Have fun with the upper control arms. Getting the bolt torqued correctly with the car sitting on the tires is just a joy.

For your next challenge I highly recommend a video of installing the IronMan Premium bumper .

I had the FCP's on my 2019, they rode amazingly well.

I would recommend the KDSS adapters from DRKdss as well as a preventative maintenance. Just got them installed along with FCP. They help correct the sway bar angle and will atleast save the bushings if not any other benefit.

Love the channel great work, and your funny as hell!! Would you recommend this lift or would it be over kill for a faker! I have no intention of ever going off-road, or adding any heavy off road gear. I do love the look of a 2-3” lift with some wild peak tires. I admit watching guys videos does look fun as hell but I’m the guy that parks at the farthest possible spot to avoid door dings. So yes the thought of driving through mud and or branches in Lexxy gives me a panic attack!!!
Kinda weird place to hangout then, a wheeling forum lol

Love the channel great work, and your funny as hell!! Would you recommend this lift or would it be over kill for a faker! I have no intention of ever going off-road, or adding any heavy off road gear. I do love the look of a 2-3” lift with some wild peak tires. I admit watching guys videos does look fun as hell but I’m the guy that parks at the farthest possible spot to avoid door dings. So yes the thought of driving through mud and or branches in Lexxy gives me a panic attack!!!
Even though you may hate the idea of buckling panels and pin striping from from branches, being that your in New Mexico, there should be a lot of open trails and sand that you if you air down a little, you should have a great time wheeling in that!
Truth be told, I too hate the idea of banging any panels, but I don't mind the pin striping. To me it's a "been there, done that" kind of badge of honor, along with the nicks in my rims and I don't mind some minor dings in my bumpers, but I draw the line at dented panels.
After all, it is a Lexus, I have to have some level of decorum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom