Ideas for 3/16 plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. When I get my quarter panels burned, I end up with some 3/16 plate left over. Depending on how many I get made at a time depends on the size and amount left over. Random size comes from the wheel wells and then a rectangular piece. Last run I made some (20) u-bolt spring plate sliders for a 40. I have been asked to make some roll bar mounts that fit the stock wheel wells. To make a hump in them to clear the sheet metal.

Let me know your ideas. I have to pay for extra burn time and then any bending etc but it can come out well. If I use your idea I will make you a heck of a good deal on the piece(s). I am not sure I want to make anything too complex. I thought about trans/t-case skid plates but that will take more metal and time, not that that is not an option. I know IPOR already makes a nice skid and not looking to take away from Lance.

Best bet is a DIY part that could be welded together later to save on cost.

Thanks in advance

Last run I made some (20) u-bolt spring plate sliders for a 40

I'd like a set of front and rear for a '78. PM me a price please.

IPOR already makes a nice skid

The IPOR 40 skid has been out of stock for some time.

Maybe send Lance a note asking if he would have any issues with you making some. I'd definitely buy one.

I'd like a set of front and rear for a '78. PM me a price please.

The IPOR 40 skid has been out of stock for some time.

Maybe send Lance a note asking if he would have any issues with you making some. I'd definitely buy one.
Do you want a DIY set or fully welded?

I will reach out to Lance. I think his are 1/4. I plan to make one out of 3/13 for my 40 but do not have a final design yet.

Welded and ready to bolt up.

If you do end up make a 40 skid, I'll buy one.
I am going to make a jig to weld them up and then they will be ready to go.

On the skid, I spoke with Lance. He has more on the way and they should be in this month. His are 1/4". We are friends and I do not want to compete with him in the same market. I will build one for myself.

Is this for 40 series only? And only flat stuff? No bends? Some sort of skid plate for the lower rear control arm mounts on an 80 series would be cool. They’d probably work for 100s as well. Maybe even newer 4runners.

Is this for 40 series only? And only flat stuff? No bends? Some sort of skid plate for the lower rear control arm mounts on an 80 series would be cool. They’d probably work for 100s as well. Maybe even newer 4runners.
Not series specific. Flat stuff is cheaper as I only have to pay for burn time. Bends cost extra. They can make most anything!!!

Some sort of skid plate for the lower rear control arm mounts on an 80 series would be cool.

Do you mean something similar to the pics below (homemade, not mine). Quite a few people in the 80's section have done similar.

I'd definitely buy a set of something similar.

z.PNG

Do you mean something similar to the pics below (homemade, not mine). Quite a few people in the 80's section have done similar.

I'd definitely buy a set of something similar.

I was thinking something like this
100 Series Rear Lower Control Arm Skids

but with a longer ramp like you posted, Crusha. The link above looks like they would protect the mount but would still get hung up. I like the longer ramp to “slide” the mount up and over.

@Crusha I got the U-bolt skids made up. Gary can mudship for you. I am meeting him sunday in Richmond. How does $100 a set of four sound?

7551931E-2DD1-4EE8-9476-BEEE709E79D5.jpeg

0D1817C3-DEB8-4D3C-9C30-CE750E11E034.jpeg

99667156-FDFB-4AE7-8C14-45A473E913E6.jpeg

3EE60BB5-C734-4214-B5E5-BF909AAC7536.jpeg

C9342BEE-F637-487D-849F-B237A2ABAAED.jpeg

@Crusha I got the U-bolt skids made up. Gary can mudship for you. I am meeting him sunday in Richmond. How does $100 a set of four sound?

Deal!

PM me regarding payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom