icon 2.0 vs 2.5rr shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2.0 shaft is .625" (cross-sectional area of 1.22 sq in)
2.5 shaft is .875" (cross-sectional area of 2.4 sq in, essentially double)

Would venture a guess it's not the shocks fault, something else has got be wrong. Don't be disappointed in the shocks yet without doing some digging on why they bent.
I'm trying to figure out how they got bent. I took it to our local Toyota guru who diagnosed/ discovered the bent shafts. He talked to you yesterday(I'm assuming this is dave) about my setup which includes your 4" radius arms.
I'm stumped on how they got bent, bump stops were already mentioned ,I assume they are correct for the shocks, they came with the slinky kit. I'm open to other suggestions on what to check.

I'm trying to figure out how they got bent. I took it to our local Toyota guru who diagnosed/ discovered the bent shafts. He talked to you yesterday(I'm assuming this is dave) about my setup which includes your 4" radius arms.
I'm stumped on how they got bent, bump stops were already mentioned ,I assume they are correct for the shocks, they came with the slinky kit. I'm open to other suggestions on what to check.

Wild guess, but.....
6O3ZxC.gif

yup, that was me, didn't discuss bent shafts though.

here is a direct comparison of 2.0 front to 2.5 rear (only difference is length and attachment style):

IMG_0334.jpg

yup, that was me, didn't discuss bent shafts though.

here is a direct comparison of 2.0 front to 2.5 rear (only difference is length and attachment style):

View attachment 2185492
I think he discovered the bent shafts after he talked to you. I took it in to diagnose a death wobble. He couldn't get the truck to reproduce the wobble, which is odd because it was super consistent, it did it everyday on my drive to and from work. It didn't wobble on the way home from the shop or today on the way to work. I think raising it on the lift and letting the suspension fully flex did something. It's truly odd.

I'm loving mine... I just drove over speed bumps at 40 mph on the way to work this morning with a smile on my face.
I drive a Landcruiser. I scoff at speed bumps!!
Last Saturday I pulled out Left onto a 2 lane each way major road in my town, only to realize that I couldn't go left due to the median barrier running down the middle of the road. It was too late to do anything else as i was already fully committed to the turn so I just ran over the 18" high median at 45mph...the Slinky stage 5 dual bypasses, Delta VS radius arms and panhard bracket all ate it up...I just kept accelerating, popped over the median and on with my day. My passenger/ski buddy nearly sh!t himself, his only comment was, "now I understand why you spent so much $ on these shocks".

Zxvwhats the difference between stage 4 and stage 5
Stage 5 has dual bypasseses, stage 4 has a CDCV. So far I have the only set in the states, but I love them. I also have a set of stage 4 on my other 80 and they are fantastic. The stage 4 is a little more user friendly since there is only one knob to adjust, but if you really push a heavy truck hard at speed off road it's nice to have the ability to adjust compression and rebound independently, which is where the stage 5 is fantastic. Can't go wrong with the slinky spec icons.

*Bump*
I'm considering dobinson 2.6 MRR with all the Delta VS 80 series goodies. Is anyone running them?

How many miles do you think you have put on yours mate?

I know you rack up the miles pretty quick.

I just saw this. I've put over 70,000 on mine since I bought it in 2017! I've got about 30,000 on my Slinky setup now.

I just saw this. I've put over 70,000 on mine since I bought it in 2017! I've got about 30,000 on my Slinky setup now.
70k on the Dobinson MRR sounds fantastic. Do you know if they need to get serviced where they would need to be shipped or brought to?

If it's a pain to get them worked on I'm leaning toward the approach others on mud have taken of going with a dobinson or icon smooth body shock and just changing them out with new ones as needed.

70k on the Dobinson MRR sounds fantastic. Do you know if they need to get serviced where they would need to be shipped or brought to?

If it's a pain to get them worked on I'm leaning toward the approach others on mud have taken of going with a dobinson or icon smooth body shock and just changing them out with new ones as needed.

Sorry, I was referring to my total accumulated miles versus my Slinky miles. I put about 40,000 miles on my old OME setup and have a little over 30,000 miles on my Slinky Stage 1 setup now. The Dobinson shocks look like they are high quality but I haven't run them myself.

Sorry, I was referring to my total accumulated miles versus my Slinky miles. I put about 40,000 miles on my old OME setup and have a little over 30,000 miles on my Slinky Stage 1 setup now. The Dobinson shocks look like they are high quality but I haven't run them myself.
Understood, thanks

If I go Dobinson MRR I'll report back or start / add to a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom