I screwed up my heater just in time for winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a misfire and piston eight and while replacing ignition coils I accidentally hit a plastic piece which in turn sprayed a little of something out, I am not familiar with the air conditioning system can anyone tell me what this is and how to get heater working again?
In the picture it was one of the black plastic things sticking out of the firewall

FB7C9F6F-6113-444F-94F5-8452BF7E5C58.jpeg

Reactions: KTP
I believe those are your air conditioning supply (small) and return (large) lines that go to your evaporator. If it sprayed something out, it would have been refrigerant and possibly some lubricating oil. Is your heater not turning on? It should only be using the AC with the defroster on as far as I know, so not sure why your heat wouldn't work?

That's your lines to your TX valve. Think you hit it hard enough where the ac is now leaking. You'll still have heat

I believe those are your air conditioning supply (small) and return (large) lines that go to your evaporator. If it sprayed something out, it would have been refrigerant and possibly some lubricating oil. Is your heater not turning on? It should only be using the AC with the defroster on as far as I know, so not sure why your heat wouldn't work?
The heat is there but there is hardly any air pressure

I had a misfire and piston eight and while replacing ignition coils I accidentally hit a plastic piece which in turn sprayed a little of something out, I am not familiar with the air conditioning system can anyone tell me what this is and how to get heater working again?
In the picture it was one of the black plastic things sticking out of the firewall
EDIT: couldn’t find anything wrong so I sprayed fuse box with electronic cleaner and pushed all the fuses down and that seem to fix it,
View attachment 2519594

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom