Builds I noticed a lack of build threads in here. Let's have one. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your shifter won't move back into 4H or 2H?
[edit, forgot you are Manual Trans]

So you just have two shift positions, LO and HI. But the question still stands, the shift lever won't move?

Your shifter won't move back into 4H or 2H?
[edit, forgot you are Manual Trans]

So you just have two shift positions, LO and HI. But the question still stands, the shift lever won't move?

I have 3 positions on a manual. Hi , HIL and lowL . I have lowL and neutral no high at all. I took the shifter off and could not move the shift arm with a screwdriver prying very hard. I was fairly hard wheeling it on Sunday when this happened.

Last edited:
I will.

I have the old transfer case sitting in the floor of the shop. I now have a replacement in my hands as well

Last edited:
I stuck a junkyard transfer case in today. It shifts better than the old one. I dumped the fluid and put synthetic in it and took it around the block today

Last edited:
I drove it more today and yesterday I am happy. It is surprisingly quieter than it was before

Last edited:
After getting high centered I've put some Bud Builts on my build parts list. I really think I wouldn't have gotten stuck if I'd had them. And a 3" lift, more aggressive tires and a winch.

After getting high centered I've put some Bud Builts on my build parts list. I really think I wouldn't have gotten stuck if I'd had them. And a 3" lift, more aggressive tires and a winch.

The skids allowed me to slide off a few things on the trails. They are really well built. You will need a friend or a floor jack to make the install easier. Be careful about going 3 inches on lift. There are lots of discussions about making the front axles unhappy. Then you need either long axles or a diff drop. I think the OME springs on mine are advertised as 2-2.5 lift. I am right in that neighborhood.

Lift isnt wat brings a diff drop to requirement, long travel struts are. Anything over 585mm open length (most are less) requires a diff drop. This includes fitting strut too spacers.

Long travel axles are only used in true long travel kits like the total chaos or allpro lifts use longer cvs as everything is extended 2-3.5 inches out wards creating more leverage and a greater motion ratio.

If you try to fit extended axles with out a true lt kit when the wheels move up on suspension compression you will have cvs jamming and crunching as they have no where to slide in

Thanks Stellz. My 4wd stuff prior to this was all solid axle. I rarely off road the 200 since it is my Gf's daily driver.

I have a new picture to grab later. We went off this past weekend with the upstate SC guys , Had a great time and no issues from the FJ.

Last edited:
Made a tire change this weekend to Falken M/t's. Was not my first choice but I got a screaming deal.

Nothing exciting is happening lately.

For an update , I have a set of Dobinsons rear control arms sitting in the garage. Time for a nice upgrade.

1588642684658.png

<3

This is the only picture I have at work.

20200104_172845.jpeg

Dobinson's control arms are on and an oil change is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom