I guess its time to repay ih8mud. PICS o my Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesome rig bro ; i love it ...as far as rust and paint, what steps did you take to make sure it doesn't come back? i also have a freebornred 87 fj60 that was repainted last year and some of the rust is starting to come back!!!!:mad:
and btw your wheel and tire combo rocks; exactly what i hope to do this summer 15x10 on 33x12.5 ,not a popular combo on this board ;but i like the meaty look and aggressive stance it affords although not the best choice for off road..:cheers:

the 33x12.5 have worked real well for around here. ive done what a dodge on 35x12.5's cant do witha 4" lift and a big F350 ford. the combo is fine for wheelin. its all about the driving from wat i can tell. as for the rust aint comin back, i cut out the worst and ground all the way to the good metal. then doused anything and everything with rust converter and rust converter primer. bondo`ed and primered again. then paint. Itsa cruiser so the rust is bound to come back but i did the best i could. its been like 1 year and no rust yet. there is one tiny spot bubblin and im gonna get it now b4 it gets worse. Im glad some one appreciated the stock look i wanted. I was goin 4 stocker mixed with safari. a new bumper is on the way (homemade black arb lookin thing and mayb a rear. Im gonna try neway)
Finally its a car, there is always hope for it. now how much $$ you wanna dump into it is completely up to you. HaHA

hatedemjepps said:
the 33x12.5 have worked real well for around here. ive done what a dodge on 35x12.5's cant do witha 4" lift and a big F350 ford. the combo is fine for wheelin. its all about the driving from wat i can tell. as for the rust aint comin back, i cut out the worst and ground all the way to the good metal. then doused anything and everything with rust converter and rust converter primer. bondo`ed and primered again. then paint. Itsa cruiser so the rust is bound to come back but i did the best i could. its been like 1 year and no rust yet. there is one tiny spot bubblin and im gonna get it now b4 it gets worse. Im glad some one appreciated the stock look i wanted. I was goin 4 stocker mixed with safari. a new bumper is on the way (homemade black arb lookin thing and mayb a rear. Im gonna try neway)
Finally its a car, there is always hope for it. now how much $$ you wanna dump into it is completely up to you. HaHA

cool man hopefully youl be able to beat the rust...are you running higher gears to compensate for the 33"s how about wheel spacers? im starting to think if i rhino line my bottom quarter like yours but in red, and roof and rain gutters it should help with rust?:idea: :confused: :idea:

i was afraid in the gutters it would more so trap the rust in and bubble the rubber. im sure its a pita gettin it off. only thing i have to say about red rhino lining is make sure it is a complementary red. if you try to create the red on ur 60 im sure its gonna come out lookin bad. just my opinion. cant go wrong with black or a darker color. no wheel spacers just backspaced, and no higher gears, she moves fine. any idea wat a 10" wide rim is supposed to be backspaced. Mine fit well but i dont remember what i bought them as???????? Opps

hatedemjepps said:
i was afraid in the gutters it would more so trap the rust in and bubble the rubber. im sure its a pita gettin it off. only thing i have to say about red rhino lining is make sure it is a complementary red. if you try to create the red on ur 60 im sure its gonna come out lookin bad. just my opinion. cant go wrong with black or a darker color. no wheel spacers just backspaced, and no higher gears, she moves fine. any idea wat a 10" wide rim is supposed to be backspaced. Mine fit well but i dont remember what i bought them as???????? Opps

Wheel Fitments For: TOYOTA FJ60 Landcruiser
Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5 1/2
Lug Nut: 12mmx1.5R
BACK SPACE :3 5/8
OFFSET: -58.0mm :bounce: :bounce2:

its prob to late to sak but wat do you think my 60 would sell for. just a rough guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom