I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have found a little time to work on the 40 build. It’s moving along pretty good. I must say the m2x6 screws are a real challenge. Apparently there isn’t much quality control on the heads of these screws. My bit fits all of the other m2 screws very well but those 6’s are not so good.

View attachment 3161335View attachment 3161336View attachment 3161337
A part of it is dimensional accuracy from my end as well. M2x6s are small and fragile, so if the holes aren't very accurate and you have to force it through then they can strip more easily, and can even break.

If something becomes too problematic, we can consider using heatset inserts. I use those in their M3 variant to secure printed printer parts to the printers, and they work quite well. Example in photos of how i used them to secure my heavy hotend assembly to my 3dpringed linear rail adapters.

There's tuning and then there's fine tuning, which is what I have been working on and will always try to improve on. Last photo is the first 40s part I printed on the updated motion system, and i can see through the smaller holes more easily. Hopefully that will translate into easier assembly.

20221104_222620.jpg

20221104_212344.jpg

20221105_005951.jpg

20221104_211957.jpg

16680274294778449650673223257421.jpg

The problem I had mentioned was with the screw itself. Not the printed hole. None of my tools fit the head of the M2x6. My tools fir all of the screw heads very well.

My box arrived today, thanks a heap. My main feedback Bao, for me, is every ridge has to be filled and sanded out prior to painting see my build - Aoshima hard body, Fracture chassis, all scaler bits. Let me know your PayPal handle - we have a Prusa mk3 and am happy to work with you on fine tuning the parts. For me detail is king. It's a great start Bao, stay well.

20221112_154353.jpg

20221112_155805.jpg

20221112_155916.jpg

20221112_160147.jpg

20221112_160207.jpg

My box arrived today, thanks a heap. My main feedback Bao, for me, is every ridge has to be filled and sanded out prior to painting see my build - Aoshima hard body, Fracture chassis, all scaler bits. Let me know your PayPal handle - we have a Prusa mk3 and am happy to work with you on fine tuning the parts. For me detail is king. It's a great start Bao, stay well.

View attachment 3165611

View attachment 3165612

View attachment 3165613

View attachment 3165614

View attachment 3165615
Looks beautiful! I still have the other box to send you (sent you a photo). Thank you for the update and I'm excited to see progress.

I will say the first box everyone got will be the lowest QC one I'll ever send out; many of which I would not have sent out without letting everyone know that they are my learner prints first.

I've spent the last few days re-doing the kitchen-living room office. After all the tuning I realized the shelves in living room are not sturdy enough for the new printing speeds (up to 360mm/s at 10k acceleration), so I moved them onto my desk; which are working out well/very stable even with many running at same time.

Anyways, 6 printers later and I ran out of room to do anything else.

Soooo, i added 4 tables and now I have room for not only more printers but also some assembly space. Things will start picking up now that one of the hardest part is done; learning Linux, klipper, input shaper and learning to write klipper configs. Now it is less messing with firmware and testing basic functions, and more just printing and fine tuning from the slicer end; this is the most difficult part when looking long term. The part I am wrapping up now is the most difficult part in getting started; and it's mostly things most of you guys won't ever need to learn, as I plan on fast-tracking anyone through it who are interested.

Anyways, gonna try to knock this out so we can get to the more fun stuff like assembly. The great news is that since the linear rail and klipper Conversion (a whole 2 days), the printers have been much more reliable and consistent in quality.

16682432547552773465560133526468.jpg

16682433175188586681141413623937.jpg

16682452895834260453254764181728.jpg

Also, just to get this out there and I will ony say this once; I don't like asking for money nor do I like handling it. Although, @glennjenn i really appreciate you offering to help and Quite frankly I could use the help.

With that said, money does help but I'd prefer not to deal with it. What I actually need are things like coffee, groceries, assembly/tuning tools (like rc tire balancers), printers filament and etc. If you need my address to mail me anything, let me know and I really appreciate it. I will give everyone credit for machine hours/prints/whatever services I can provide (in addition to the big discount for Mud) if I receive any packages from you guys.

If filament and you want to help with money because it's easier, then you can make a donations to Keene Village Plastics (Matt is my rep and can deduct off my balance of $2800 currently) to help me pay off the remainder of my filament bill for the year.

If you want to help speed things up then best to donate to more printers, the ones i use currently (sidewinder X2 and genius Pros) are from Artillery and $225-$295 each plus $50 for linear rails. Each one after tuning and rail conversion can put out a quality kit in 2 weeks if I run it full time (testing that now). Since I won't be accepting money in the future, this will be a great way for mudders to assist me in making more kits; or anyone who needs any large amount of printed parts.

Quite frankly I am bad with politics and accounting and taxes and stuff, and never made the time to learn how to take care of myself on those fronts. Luckily my family files my taxes and has taken care of everything for me thus far. I just don't make much income, if any, and live a very modest life in terms of living costs; everything I've always needed has always been provided (housing, food transportation etc).

Because of this I've just been able to focus on what I feel is needed and not allow myself the distraction of all the politics and stuff like living up to the standards of others; there's so much politics around money that it would greatly hinder everything if I took the time to learn all that is needed. Quite frankly we have too many laws, and after trying to setup my first non profit I realized the laws does more to hinder the work of real non profits rather than to help it; because there's money involved. Quite frankly I don't have the time or energy for the politics, only enough to learn everything needed to setup a print farm from my own home, and from there learn to run it well. Many days I feel I don't even have enough time and energy for that.

So back to the trade and barter system and just not worry about money. All I would do with your money is buy groceries and printers and filaments, so you guys can spare me the huge headache of dealing with money by mailing me necessities Instead of money.

Also, @The Jade Bean in case you're thinking it, I'm a store brand and McDonald's coffee kind of guy. If you have extra coffee just send me the cheapest and I can assure you I will enjoy it all the same. The only way to explain it is to say I can actually taste the care that goes into a meal, and that matters to me more than the meal itself; my dads coffee will always be the best, because with that comes with the thought that dad is not only alive, but still well enough to make coffee! That, tastes great and sometimes I forget the difference between one coffee and the next.

Hello everyone, sorry for lack of updates. I am still fighting the blues and hopefully getting over the worst of it.

Over the past few days I have only ran 1 printer to do a reliability test. Good news is it did 12 successful prints in a row without needing me to baby it; and of the hardest prints too (the hinges I've failed many times on).

Basically starting at 1 again, making sure it's good for a long run and then begin ramping up more from there.

Looking a little ahead, I'm going to need some help getting the next batch to you guys as I am honestly broke (like overdraft fees broke). I'm thinking best way to do it is for everyone to send me a prepackaged ship label and I will put your parts into that.

Hope you guys are well and let me know if you can throw me an assist on the shipping. Most of the parts remaining are smaller parts, so won't need a huge box like last time. For those who want to help me figure out exactly what is missing from first shipments, I will now make the build thread and begin with images of all parts involved, as well as instructions for requesting missing parts.

It's simple as the kit is neatly divided into a handful of categorized parts, and all you need to do is figure out which of the 30 different build plates you need.

@glennjenn if you want to help with repurposing the graveyard parts (post processing) then I will need a bigger box from you. Thanks everyone and I'll link the build thread here some time today.

Last edited:
35 36 and examples of how some things look different after applying correct slicing settings, like the radiator and radiator grill.

35 - license plates.PNG

36 - under hood details.PNG

radiator sliced.PNG

radiatorscreen sliced.PNG

Everything is setup so that same colors share same build plates by the way.

Also it is in correct numerical order in the posts right above this, so you can request plates using the numbers. Each image should be named by their number as well, and the Google drive link will also have the labels on all images.

To request parts just simply let me know which plates; for example, "11, 23a, 23b, 30a, 31a, 25, 26a, 27a" will get you over 100 parts

If 23 to 27 confuses you, you can also say "belt drive- open front, locked back" to choose stock configuration.

30 to 33 is simply picking wheel type F or G.

Last edited:
I’m assuming this is dead. Going on two months with no activity. Real bummer.

I’m assuming this is dead. Going on two months with no activity. Real bummer.
I have been stressing out about who is replacing my boss who was promoted in November so have been focused on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom