I am back after almost 10 years. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK you guys already know I I don’t know squat about the 100 series, what is the deal with this big ass plastic cover over the engine ?? Is it for heat dissipation or is it just for looks?

View attachment 1983881
I have 2 in my basement. I take them off when I buy 100s, that and the wheel locks.

i paid asking :(

teach me obiwankanobiuzj100
If you got the car you want and didn't harm your financial well being, it's okay. Everyone has their different comfort level of condition of a used car. I paid asking price too, but my criteria was specific and i'm in California and had a search radius of 4-500 miles. I love these kind of stories when someone finds their 100 when driving down a street and they see a for sale sign on it or at the perfect time when they see someone putting a for sale sign on it.

When you're cleaning the engine bay like this, are you just hosing it straight down with the pressure washer?
After about a 40 minute purple power soak, i’ve used all kinds of stuff over the years with all the vehicles that we’ve had, you still have to do A lot of wiping , scrubbing and lubing and a little bit of paining.

If you got the car you want and didn't harm your financial well being, it's okay. Everyone has their different comfort level of condition of a used car. I paid asking price too, but my criteria was specific and i'm in California and had a search radius of 4-500 miles. I love these kind of stories when someone finds their 100 when driving down a street and they see a for sale sign on it or at the perfect time when they see someone putting a for sale sign on it.
Actually that’s the same way how we got our white 95 LC, coming back from Costco if I remember right. It was on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it as we were looking at it another group pulled up and wanted to look at it too but we gave him some cash to hold it, wife stayed and I ran to the bank.

I have 2 in my basement. I take them off when I buy 100s, that and the wheel locks.
Our Prius like most Toyotas have the covers on them, I took it off for a while after I put a cold air intake in. Started to get some heat damage on the insulation on the underside of the hood so I decided to put it back on. So the one for the Prius does have a function because the Prius engine Has to stay hot to work efficiently.

Our Prius like most Toyotas have the covers on them, I took it off for a while after I put a cold air intake in. Started to get some heat damage on the insulation on the underside of the hood so I decided to put it back on. So the one for the Prius does have a function because the Prius engine Has to stay hot to work efficiently.
@LARRYG36 dude - CAI on a prius - you don't hear that everyday (or ever) - ;<)

so what year is it really and mileage? Door build date? Those wheels are not 98-01. Maybe kid found manual? Nice score either way?

@blatant good eye. those are the sweet / hard to find 18 inch 5 spoke LC wheels.

It says 06/98, And the Mileage is 316 something thousand. The mileage is high but this won’t be a daily driver.
Funny story about mileage our 92 LC we bought brand new and we had it for about 17 years, The cable that works the odometer broke right before I gave the thing to my son for high school, around 04 ,went to Toyota ,pick up another one installed it ,about a month later that one broke , went back to Toyota bought another cable this time I lube the crap out of it and took apart the instrument panel and blew it out then greased it ,but then around 3 to 4 months later, it broke again and I just told him screw it. So the four years that he had it, two in high school and two in college we really don’t know how much mileage we had on it. We told the guy that bought our 92 LC that it was broken. but he really didn’t care. He was extremely happy with the engine and exhaust system modifications I made to squeeze more power out of her. All that ABR and those 33 inch tires and the gear change turned her into a slug, lol

@LARRYG36 dude - CAI on a prius - you don't hear that everyday (or ever) - ;<)
Oh you’re so wrong, If you go on Prius chat.com I did a thread on the install of an injet CAI, most guys do it to get a better sound but mostly for more horsepower when you put on bigger wheels like we did,

Heres the latest: Doing Rust removing, then painting the under side, Then when all the parts come in doing the T's, Radiator, Thermostat and Hoses, Then hopefully I can get to the CV's. Tomorrow i'm going into town (Vegas) to look at some Sequoia seats because the drivers seat in this thing ''shredded'', I'm finding Sequoia and Tundra seats on line cheaper than buying the Foam cushion from Toyota then having to get seat covers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom