HZJ73 Stock Height? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to reverse math the suspension setup on my HZJ to get some new shocks sorted. Currently it has a shackle lift, a body lift, and 35” tires with aftermarket leaf springs of unknown lift height.

I already have stock shackles ready to go but want to knock out the shackle and shock replacement at the same time and talking with Jason at Cruiser Outfitters he is saying the OME shocks are designed to work with ~2” of lift.

I think the measurements I would need to reverse math this are the stock body mount thickness and a hub to wheel arch or ground to frame distance. I can then subtract the difference between body mounts, subtract half the difference between shackles, and/or subtract half the distance from wheel height. I know it won’t be exact but that should let me determine the approximate amount of lift that comes just from the springs to find out if these shocks will work or not.

Thanks!

Way too complicated thinking. Unless they are super custom springs, it’s Probabaly just a standard 2” - 2.5” lift spring.

Measure the distance right now of shock bolt to shock pin up front. That will tell you the length of the shock with suspension at rest.

This is the measurement you want. Subtract your big shackle from standard shackle. Than 1/2 that measurement.

That will tell you the current shock length at rest.

The body lift has nothing to do with shock height.

DBCE3E5A-AE69-4EB3-A06B-29F90799B45E.jpeg

Last edited:
Way too complicated thinking. Unless they are super custom springs, it’s Probabaly just a standard 2” - 2.5” lift spring.

Measure the distance right now of shock bolt to shock pin up front. That will tell you the length of the shock with suspension at rest.

This is the measurement you want. Subtract your big shackle from standard shackle. Than 1/2 that measurement.

That will tell you the current shock length at rest.

The body lift has nothing to do with shock height.

View attachment 3591993
You are much smarter than I am. Thanks. That saved me a ton of mathing. That’s what happens when you just think about this for too long by yourself. I knew the body lift was going to be a pain but i was trying to account for hub to wheel arch distance. Much appreciated

You are much smarter than I am. Thanks. That saved me a ton of mathing. That’s what happens when you just think about this for too long by yourself. I knew the body lift was going to be a pain but i was trying to account for hub to wheel arch distance. Much appreciated

No worries mate!

I just measured the distance on my shocks to give you an idea on ride height.

Front = 20 1/2”
Rear = 22 1/4”

Oh and always, post up pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom