HZJ73 4" Speaker Installation - Help needed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how you mounted your 4" speakers in the dashboard? I have access to everything, but I can't figure out how to mount the speaker back on those two posts that held the OEM speakers. It's driving me nuts!

So far I've purchased an aftermarket speaker mount/spacer and that lines the holes up at least, but the screws are at such an awkward angle, it doesn't want to fit. I'm to the point where I'm thinking about wrapping them with foam and then hoping they don't bang around too much while they float around.

Can't seem to delete it, so for other struggling...I would recommend watching this video: .

My JBL Club 422F speakers fit, but they're horrendous to install. You basically have to bend the brackets so that they're angled pretty massively to get them in there. I used the bracket on the bottom of the speaker and the top I wedged under the built in screw/bracket thingy.

The JBL Club 620F worked in the back, but I think they're a little on the large side.

Sound is much better, but not going to knock your socks off.

While I was in there, I replaced most of the bulbs for the indicator lights and backlighting with LED bulbs. These T10 W5W bulbs from Amazon worked great: Amazon product ASIN B08NJTTJ5Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom