hydro steering progress (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. I'm still waiting on the jam nuts and the left-handed nuts. Nobody around here even carries them.

awesome...can't wait to hear your driving impressions!

What's yer idea for a skid/protect plate for the ram??

Cool :)
But like woody said about protection for the ram,
Why not go Hy steer???

I am doing mine WITH hysteer. Got the arms from rockstomper, although I wish I had bought the RBS ones. The RS are flat, the RBS curve up. What is the best way to go about attaching the ram, TR, and DL. I am thinking 2 holes on either arm, DS will have the ram and TR, PS will have the TR and DL.

Keep the pics coming...what are you doing with the rest of your steering??

Not sure on the skid plate.  I need to do some testing before I go all out on the trail.  Right now I'm just going to run without a skid plate.  I have a design in mind, I want to make the skid plate a separate unit, so if my cylinder goes kaput, I can easily get to it.  

As for the hysteer, I'm on a budget, so I just used the factory arms and drilled them out to 5/8" to fit my heims.  I'm not too worried about damaging the tubing.  Went with DOM tubing.  
Just got the hoses hooked up tonight.  I went with an orbital valve from a corn detassling machine.  It ran the same size cylinder on the machine so I know it has the right characteristics.  As for the pump, I am running a stock Chevy pump, with mods planned for the future.  Also I have a cooler planned, but waiting for the money (college budget).

What a great way to spend spring break, quality time with the cruiser!!

It's 3/16" angle iron.  I didn't feel like a needed a huge bracket.  It's not like I am going to be putting out tremendous pressure running a stock power steering pump.  And with the bracing, it should be strong enough.  I guess I'll find out either way. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom