Humming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever noticed a slight humming when driving. It’s not a vibration, it’s like a faint hum. Could it be the exhaust? I took my 100 Lx to Lexus to get a sensor changed out and they test drove it afterwards and never mentioned it at all. Seeing dealerships always like to point out EVERYTHING I would have thought they would have said something if it wasn’t normal. I’m kinda a newbie so idk if this is a “normal sound” or maybe it’s my exhaust needing replaced. Thanks!

Is it at any speed? Reason I ask is a few weeks ago I noticed a "hum" on the highway. I've had it about a year and after a while realized I was doing 75 into a strong headwind. A first. I've newb diagnosed it as possibly my windshield. Previous owner did an after market wind shield cheap install and I think it might be that. The "hum" would cut on and off and I realized it was when the wind would shift. On these forums, I've also read that it could be the roof rack bars if someone put them in backwards. However, I'm a newb but I'm just sharing what I've come across in my research so far.

Is it at any speed? Reason I ask is a few weeks ago I noticed a "hum" on the highway. I've had it about a year and after a while realized I was doing 75 into a strong headwind. A first. I've newb diagnosed it as possibly my windshield. Previous owner did an after market wind shield cheap install and I think it might be that. The "hum" would cut on and off and I realized it was when the wind would shift. On these forums, I've also read that it could be the roof rack bars if someone put them in backwards. However, I'm a newb but I'm just sharing what I've come across in my research so far.

I’ve also read that as well. I hear it anytime I’m accelerating.

What tires do you have? AT/MT will hum normally due to the more aggressive tread pattern. If you're getting a sound that changes like a "whom whom whom whom" that could be various things like out of balance drive shaft, unbalanced wheel, etc.

They’re new Michelin AT. So I don’t think it’s the tires I could be very wrong but it’s not like a singing from a tire. It’s so hard to explain haha. The only way to describe it is humming when I accelerate more so on the interstate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom