How we spent a summer vacation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
leeobrien.blogspot.com
What driving 450 miles will getchya;
mountain-haze.jpg

With the fall school sessions approaching, we joined another family and a token college off-roader for a jaunt to Ouray, CO. Our skin, sinuses, and souls were refreshed by the weather which ranged from bright-n-sunny, to cool-n-drizzly. The trails, never dusty, provided access to some of the best vistas this side of anywhere.

Day 1 was up to Yankee Boy and Governor Basins, Day 2 was a rainy romp up to Engineer's Pass and back down to Animas Forks and out via Corkscrew. Day 3 was supposed to be Imogene Pass, but a hydrolocked engine brought an early end to the cruise and had us towing a truck back to Ouray. Day 4 was spent going to Montrose for a trailer and wandering around Ouray. Yes, we lost a day and a half of trails, but it was still better than the Phoenix heat. At least it was better to me; it wasn't my engine that sucked up a dose of mud-n-water.

This was Galen's first serious road trip. He was better at rid'n in the mornings, the afternoons were better for playing in the great outdoors or fuss'n in his car seat. Needless to say we tried to offer him plenty of the great outdoors.
Galen-at-O.jpg

It had been about three years since out last trip to Ouray. Our souls needed a dose of mountains and we got it. Now it’s paramount not to let another three years pass to experience it all again.

WOW! That first pic is spectacular and I bet thats something that will forever imprint on Galens mind. :cheers:

Nice... great pics. Did you get to drive this time? :D

msahr said:
Nice... great pics. Did you get to drive this time? :D
Yes, all there-n-back;) .

I did drive most of the trails, though Shanna did drive a fair amount including down Corkscrew's switchbacks on a muddy, slick, and wet day.

You bugger im living in telluride for the summer, wish i knew you were up here would have been great to wheel with ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom