How To Videos Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Rao cruise No prob dude... they are not my videos but helped me immensely when I was doing my knuckle rebuilds... Not sure what tool you are specifically talking about for the lock nut... The basic tools needed for this job are a 54mm (i think) socket for the large nut the hold the axle in, then a brass drift (piece of brass bar), small sledge hammer or mallet, few different screw drivers (flat head), grease gun, couple of different punches for removal of things like the bearing races, seal puller (cannot recommend this enough), torque wrench, M12x1.25x3" screw (helps hold the axle, think that is the right thread pitch and size), fish scale for setting proper tension, c-clip (circlip) pliers and lock ring pliers (two different types of pliers). Then there are little odds and ends like screwdrivers, towels (mess job), oil pan, etc that will be needed.

@Rao cruise No prob dude... they are not my videos but helped me immensely when I was doing my knuckle rebuilds... Not sure what tool you are specifically talking about for the lock nut... The basic tools needed for this job are a 54mm (i think) socket for the large nut the hold the axle in, then a brass drift (piece of brass bar), small sledge hammer or mallet, few different screw drivers (flat head), grease gun, couple of different punches for removal of things like the bearing races, seal puller (cannot recommend this enough), torque wrench, M12x1.25x3" screw (helps hold the axle, think that is the right thread pitch and size), fish scale for setting proper tension, c-clip (circlip) pliers and lock ring pliers (two different types of pliers). Then there are little odds and ends like screwdrivers, towels (mess job), oil pan, etc that will be needed.
thank you greg.

Replacing a FJ62 grill. I know, super basic. So...1989 FJ 62, I'm Jay aka alaska120 in AK, truck has acquired the name Pig (mostly due to the insane fuel it burns - currently pushing $4 a gallon in my town) 189,000 original miles, lots of character and patina, all stock as delivered by the Toyota gods...

Installing rear license light, 1989 cruiser, aka 'Pig'.

bet there is alot of shop time in the winter as its crappy cold and dark outside. I am from washington but right now in Vancouver. Would be nice to live in southern states in the winter then seattle region in the summer :)

bet there is alot of shop time in the winter as its crappy cold and dark outside. I am from washington but right now in Vancouver. Would be nice to live in southern states in the winter then seattle region in the summer :)
Well there is the cold for sure. Winter brings customers and race car building season though the better to enjoy the 24 hour daylight in summer. :steer:

Adding a link to this fantastic 9 part series on how to rebuild a Toyota front axle. Really well done videos from Low-Range Off-road. These were invaluable to me during my own recent axle overhaul.

Link: Toyota 4X4 Solid Front Axle Rebuild - YouTube

Anyone install or have a video of an install it removal of the air pump? Have a box of parts that I received when j purchased the truck but not exactly sure which parts are pertinent to the air pump or how to start

Does anyone know of a good Weber car tuning tutorial? I'm having some Deiseling issues and I think that might be the source.

Does anyone know of a good Weber car tuning tutorial? I'm having some Deiseling issues and I think that might be the source.
Sure... it involves taking the Weber off, throwing in the trash and replacing with an Aisin or Japanese equivalent from Trollhole or Racer65.. :hillbilly::moon:

Well that's helpful.
Not to be too much of an a$$ but not many have had luck keeping their weber and the truck happy. Most eventually will just switch back to the Aisin carb and are surprised by the power and simplicity. With that being said, do some searching and even try the 40-series threads to see if anyone has had good luck with tuning it.

Not to be too much of an a$$ but not many have had luck keeping their weber and the truck happy. Most eventually will just switch back to the Aisin carb and are surprised by the power and simplicity. With that being said, do some searching and even try the 40-series threads to see if anyone has had good luck with tuning it.
To be honest you're not the first person to tell me that. I'm currently looking into a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom