How to source window trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MPS

Threads
Hi All, I am new to this forum but have been a TLC fan for years. I have a 2005 100 series and liked it so much I bought a 1996 LX450 (Emerald Green, 120,000 miles). The window trim on my 80 series is completely shredded. Does anyone have a resource for finding replacements and ideas on how to repair what is there? I can see on the front windows , bottom there is a strip that seems to screw in place but for the upper portion and for the back seats I can't quite see how to get at them. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thx, Mark

Welcome to MUD!

Your local Toyota Dealer Parts Dept can order any part you need.

Try a few searches in the 80 forum: find the Magnifying Glass icon upper right, type in terms like remove (or replace) window molding, etc.

Did it for you:

Here's another talking about the rear quarter window molding,
a known source of water leaks into the vehicle:

Thanks Kernal. I wasn't even sure what to call it. Appears it is belt molding. Is it easy to install? Someone told me I may need to pull open the door panel in order to get to the outside facing bit of the window. But hopefully it won't come to that. I find it interesting that under the belt molding it is stainless steel. Just another way that Toyota overbuilt these cars. M

...Sorry, I take that all back. Should have better read your attachment as the explanation is all there. I will learn the ropes someday. m

...Sorry, I take that all back. Should have better read your attachment as the explanation is all there. I will learn the ropes someday. m
I just replaced the belt molding with OEM for $242. It took almost 3 months to get all six pieces through Amayana trading. Installation is really easy.
  • Roll the windows down
  • Pull and break the clips (there is a screw on the front doors that needs to be removed)
  • Remove as much of the broken clips as possible and let the rest fall in the door (remove later)
  • Install new belt molding.
  • Roll up windows.

For the rear sliding windows, I put a dab of silicone around each of the clips to prevent water intrusion.

The white clips from the original belt molding are old, brittle, and not worth saving and trying to save them will take significant effort.

Belt Molding
How To: Belt Moulding Replacement
belt molding, RF door 75710-60021 includes the clips
belt molding, LF door 75720-60021 includes the clips
belt molding, RR door 75730-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, LR door 75740-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, RH quarter 75660-60020 includes the clips
belt molding, LH quarter 75670-60020 includes the clips

Thanks everyone for your assistance on this. Just ordered all the parts from McGeorge Toyota. Will update this thread with my progress and the finished product. M

Hi All, I am new to this forum but have been a TLC fan for years. I have a 2005 100 series and liked it so much I bought a 1996 LX450 (Emerald Green, 120,000 miles). The window trim on my 80 series is completely shredded. Does anyone have a resource for finding replacements and ideas on how to repair what is there? I can see on the front windows , bottom there is a strip that seems to screw in place but for the upper portion and for the back seats I can't quite see how to get at them. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thx, Mark
Are you talking about the window felt, inside and outside or the belt Moulding that surrounds the window enclosure?

Are you talking about the window felt, inside and outside or the belt Moulding that surrounds the window enclosure?
I was talking about the belt moulding on the outside of the windows. As an update, I purchased the parts as listed in an earlier string and made the changes. Pretty easy aside from the part that goes under the side mirrors. I did the driver's side without an issue but on the passenger side I broke the plastic fitting the inside panel clips into. Ended up using a bit of two-sided gorilla tape to hold the panel in place. I also replaced the side vent panels to the rear of the sliding windows. Not a particularly difficult project but did need to pull off the inside trim in order to reach the set screw that holds the bottom of the vent panel in place.

I was talking about the belt moulding on the outside of the windows. As an update, I purchased the parts as listed in an earlier string and made the changes. Pretty easy aside from the part that goes under the side mirrors. I did the driver's side without an issue but on the passenger side I broke the plastic fitting the inside panel clips into. Ended up using a bit of two-sided gorilla tape to hold the panel in place. I also replaced the side vent panels to the rear of the sliding windows. Not a particularly difficult project but did need to pull off the inside trim in order to reach the set screw that holds the bottom of the vent panel in place.
Ebay show inner and outer molding. The part numbers from lumbee1 are different. I need the outer because mine are brittle and flaking. Which did you use?

Here is a list of the parts I bought and the price, all from McGeorge Toyota. I am not so sure about e-bay. The front door moulding parts you want are 75710 and 75720. good luck, m
$ 81.31​
LOUVER, QUATER VENTILATION, RIGHT
$ 81.31​
LOUVER, QUATER VENTILATION, LEFT
$ 75.24​
MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, RIGHT
$ 75.24​
MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, LEFT
$ 58.34​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, REAR DOOR BELT, RIGHT
$ 58.34​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, REAR DOOR BELT, LEFT