How to rivet rain gutter to fiberglass cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hi I’m trying to assemble a new fiberglass cap and rain gutter… the rain gutter is nearly finished and ready to be riveted to the cap… how should I space out the rivets? There are a lot of them and I dont know where to drill the holes. Also how should I ensure that the bottom of the rivets won’t interfere with the metal sides when I install the whole thing? Thanks

When I did mine, I had the gutter bolted to the hardtop sides with 10 bolts, installed on the tub. Then riveted them together enough to hold and removed to finish up. My holes were already there, but they were all about 3 finger widths apart and really near the edge of the fiberglass; maybe a rivets width away. Having it bolted up kind of shows you where they’d have to go, as well as makes sure it all fits. My top has 72 rivets if I remember right.

When I did mine, I had the gutter bolted to the hardtop sides with 10 bolts, installed on the tub. Then riveted them together enough to hold and removed to finish up. My holes were already there, but they were all about 3 finger widths apart and really near the edge of the fiberglass; maybe a rivets width away. Having it bolted up kind of shows you where they’d have to go, as well as makes sure it all fits. My top has 72 rivets if I remember right.
thanks… my main concern is positioning the rivets, as my brand new fiberglass top doesn't have holes already. I believe CCOT sent me 110 of them. We’ll see how that goes

Last edited:
I’d bolt the gutter to the too sides, it’ll show you where they need to go. With the new cityracer weatherstrip between the top and sides, the rivets are right at the edge of the weatherstrip on the outside, if that makes any sense.
4C9C0B55-A9A6-4E15-99A7-D78B0BF61131.jpeg
19B218AA-04A4-4DDB-98AD-DE4F9DF29D57.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom