How to remove the interior pieces off the upper rear hatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to replace the upper rear hatch of my 99 but the replacement part has the tan interior pieces and I would like to install the gray off the part I am removing. Does any one have an guidance on how to removes these pieces with breaking them?

Thanks,
Jim

If the tan is in good shape without the mounting spots being broken, I'll buy it from you - some previous owner broke my mounting points so it flaps loose.

I had upper hatch painted recently with glass out and all trim removed so this is fresh in my memory. First bit of advice is get on Partsouq for part numbers and then go to your local dealer to buy extras of the plastic push-plugs (or whatever they are actually called) because they will probably break.

The bottom has metal pinch clips that need a firm tug, but if you pry in the wrong place or tug too hard they break (like mine).

I'll pull mine off and post photos if that's helpful.

If you look in the FSM it will show where the clips/ attachment points are. It not too hard once you know the locations. If you cant find them, I can take a pic in my FSM

Last edited:
Baltistyle, I wish I had the FSM but I do not have it. If it is something that you can easily do, it would be much appropriated. If it’s a pita don’t worry about it. Is there somewhere you can download the FSM?

Thanks
Jim

337ABA3F-9117-4BD5-9196-A2B64D677F91.jpeg

Here you go. Go in with a plastic trim removal tool to be the safest. A butter knife works but is not the recommendation. The points are at the triangles. Once one pops, it’s easy. Follow the steps in order because the top overlaps the bottom. Good luck

View attachment 3281429

Here you go. Go in with a plastic trim removal tool to be the safest. A butter knife works but is not the recommendation. The points are at the triangles. Once one pops, it’s easy. Follow the steps in order because the top overlaps the bottom. Good luck
Man thank you so much. Big help. I’ll practice with the tan interior before I go to the gray set.

Thanks for the pics from the FSM. A little info that may help someone else: for the inside trim above the rear hatch window, to remove, the sides pull in toward the center of the window and the top pulls down with the hatch open. Maybe the pic might help someone not crack the trim like I did pulling in the wrong direction. Sorry one of the clip mounts is a little bent in the pic but I hope it helps you see how to pull the thing out.

100seriesRearHatchTrim.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom