How to go to first unread post? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tucker74

Threads
The old forum let you click the "last" on the page string under a thread and took you to the first unread post, the new doesn't seem to have this functionality? It gives it to you once inside the thread at the bottom, but only lets you click on the last page or last post by clicking the username. Is there a way to add this or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Tucker

In the thread list, there's a dot between the avatar of the OP and the thread title. That's the link to first unread post. So far, it only appears to be working for first unread since the upgrade.

In the thread list, there's a dot between the avatar of the OP and the thread title. That's the link to first unread post. So far, it only appears to be working for first unread since the upgrade.
Thanks man - I just marked the whole forum as read since it was showing every thread I subscribed to as unread. Now it's working for new posts -

;)

Tucker

Constructive criticism: that tiny little blue dot is a horrible interface element. It's easily the most used button for me on MUD and being that small is a huge PITA, especially on a mobile device. First of all it's bad because it's nonintuitive, but secondly even after you learn what it does, it's way way way too small, especially for fat fingers on a phone display. :cheers:

Constructive criticism: that tiny little blue dot is a horrible interface element. It's easily the most used button for me on MUD and being that small is a huge PITA, especially on a mobile device. First of all it's bad because it's nonintuitive, but secondly even after you learn what it does, it's way way way too small, especially for fat fingers on a phone display. :cheers:

X2 on this. It took me awhile to even find it as well. I was seeing threads with "NEW" next to them, but that wasn't a link as would be expected.

I didn't even know there was a blue dot...

"first unread" is the automatic setting when you click a thread title. No need to find a dot. Threads with unread posts are bold font.

Thanks man - I just marked the whole forum as read since it was showing every thread I subscribed to as unread. Now it's working for new posts -

;)

Tucker
How do you mark the entire forum as read?

How do you mark the entire forum as read?

In the header at the top of this page, there is a "Mark Forums Read" link. It gives you the option to mark as read the forum you are in or all forums. You can get the same thing by clicking the triple gear icon to the left of the forum title in the main forums list.

I didn't even know there was a blue dot...

"first unread" is the automatic setting when you click a thread title. No need to find a dot. Threads with unread posts are bold font.

I had the same problem and just posted my solution in my thread I had in here.---Looks like transferring the watched threads list during the upgrade booger'd up the saved positions. Now that I have visited all of my saved threads and reset the positions, all is working like it should now.---

Woody is there a way to make the New post threads either a little brighter yellow or a slightly larger font? In the old forum it was easy to spot the new unread threads and here I'm having to look twice at it. Don't know if it's the back ground or the title lettering or what exactly but it doesn't seem to be as noticeable as in the old forum. Thanks Woody!

If you are clicking the link for watched threads, then all the threads shown are unread. That is probably why you think you can't tell what's what...The page will only show read and unread threads together, if you click on show all watched threads near the bottom.

Sorry to bring back an old issue, but is there a way to disable the auto-jump-to-first-unread on a per-user basis? Personally, I don't like it. I never remember the original subject of the thread.

no, it is built in to the functionality, and not a selectable option.

Look to the right of this reply box, and there is an up-arrow...click that to get to the to first post on the page.

Oooo I wondered what that was for :D

click the buttons...what's the worst that could happen? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom