x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How good does it need to come out? one option is to just slice with your cutting wheel along the edge of each stamping on the left side, and clamp and tack all that.
Another idea is to cut entirely around all those stampings and weld in a fresh section. This is probably what I would do, I don't think you loose too much strength since it's over a short area.

TempAssemble3_sml.jpg

yes, slice, lift tab, weld. But that won't make the grand canyon there any narrower... :)
Or you could just weld in long narrow filler blocks to bridge the difference in height. Make 'em tapered on the low side. Probably easier and faster, and no gap issue no' mo'. But may look a bit off if you're particular.

You can flatten the ribs you want to get rid of with a hammer and dolly pretty easily. The transitions will just need some careful hammering to make them look smooth. Won't be as perfect as the stamped factory piece, but you can get it close enough for no one to notice without looking closely.

I have this set. It works well.

You can flatten the ribs you want to get rid of with a hammer and dolly pretty easily. The transitions will just need some careful hammering to make them look smooth. Won't be as perfect as the stamped factory piece, but you can get it close enough for no one to notice without looking closely.

I have this set. It works well.

I would do this. Not because I know what I'm doing but because it looks to me your best bet looks wise is to get rid of the perpendicular ridges on the right hand piece.

It doesn't have to be perfect. My skills and ideas won't get this rig to SEMA :rofl:

If I am understanding the above, you are saying cut the ribs front/rear about an inch then weld to the metal on the right to get the height correct. Then come back to fill those cuts in. Thus creating "ramps" instead of distinct ridges.

Did I understand it?

That is an interesting idea. The partial problem is the left has equal spaced ribs. The right has the middle all raised while the edges are lowered. I've got a bunch of spare floor handy ;)
@Lil'John , why are you doubting your handi work? we've all seen some of the $h!t that passes for good workmanship at SEMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom