how to differentiate between liftgate uppers with or without G.P.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am ready to replace the liftgate on my 2004 L.C. equipped with G.P.S and back-up camera. I see in various suppliers listings that they differentiate between a liftgate with G,P.S and a non equipped unit. Having located a unit and looking at a picture, how can i tell if the unit is compatible with GPS or not. Couldn't get any info from Toyota dealer other than to try and get the VIN number off the donor car and see if the vehicle had it as equipment.
Would appreciate the resolution as I'd like to do the vehicle justice and replace it.
Looking at the picture and the back of my vehicle, i can't see the GPS antennae, is there anything i can have the seller look at or send a picture to me to help?
All help appreciated and pictures most valued.

I believe the only difference is gps equipped lc's came with a backup camera and non gps didn't. So the only difference is if it has the hole for the camera on the bottom side. Either one will physically fit, and if you got one for a non gps vehicle, you can just drill a hole for your camera.

I believe the only difference is gps equipped lc's came with a backup camera and non gps didn't. So the only difference is if it has the hole for the camera on the bottom side. Either one will physically fit, and if you got one for a non gps vehicle, you can just drill a hole for your camera.
Thanks for your reply, from the photo in the sellers page, I would have to install the camera. Cutting the hole is Okay, would install the camera from the old tailgate to the new one.

I have factory GPS and no back up camera.

Or…

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

From your photo's it looks like you mounted a backup camera as a not originally sup[plied option. Could you please send pictures of the mounting so as to give me an idea of how best to accomplish this? The area of the license plate lights and camera are completely wasted, would need an idea of how to mount camera. Is the camera a bit off-set or is just the picture. Thanks for your help and participati0n
View attachment 3487532

View attachment 3487533

Since my LC is a no nav model I didn’t have a factory backup camera. The camera I found is integrated with one of the license plate light lenses. It works fine even though it isn’t perfectly centered.

Since my LC is a no nav model I didn’t have a factory backup camera. The camera I found is integrated with one of the license plate light lenses. It works fine even though it isn’t perfectly centered.
Thanks for your help and concern, got a bit of a problem Though with centering ,etc. Yours was off center, does it make any difference and as all the area is rusted and looking at your unit before installation, a question. Can you just cut a hole the same size or did you rig up some sort pf mounting to hold it in place?
There isnt a body shop that would even consider rectifying this problem.

2004 LC TAILGATE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom