How to desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 82 fj40 but i've added a weber and alot of my smog equipment is still on. I'd like to desmog because there is no need to have it all in there. can someone walk me through the process or is there a page i can go to to see how this is done. thanks

Hey....I have to do the opposite. I bought a desmogged '79 and need to put it all back on cuz I live in Seattle....so if you go through with it and you want to get rid of all the smog stuff...let me know.

I put a 792F into my 65. I removed all the temp. vacumn units and plugged them with brass plugs,I think 3/8" or 1/2" NPT.
The air rail I used 3/8" brass plugs with recessed allen head, they look good. I just plugged all the vacumn ports off the carb with rubber caps, any auto parts store. I just left a vacumn line to the distributer for advance.

Tock13,

Why would you want to go to the trouble to put smog back on? what are the pros to doing it?

Do a search on the TLCA mailing list. I believe Jeff Zepp has a diagram on his web site of what you can remove. If you can't find it post back.

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=1;threadid=3625;start=0#msg26565 date=1058152057]
Tock13,

Why would you want to go to the trouble to put smog back on? what are the pros to doing it?
[/quote]

because the area he lives in has emissions testing. stuff is required and even if you pass the sniffer, they will fail you on a visual and you won't be able to renew your plates...all a bunch of beuricratical bullsh.. if you ask me.

i also will have a bunch of emissions stuff off a 77 for sale in a few months if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom